i30 Owners Club

2008 2.0ltr SX: can I put climate control into my car

Offline Slim14977

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth, Western Australia
Hi this is my first post and first Hyundai. My question is this I have found a new centre console so I can replace the factory stereo with a single din stereo I have. This way the donor surround is cut and if I ever need to replace it later down the track I just put the old surround and stereo back in, the new surround was from a car with climate control can I put climate control into my car (which only has normal a/c) by just putting the facial controls in or is there more to it like a controller CPU and different wiring harness. Thanks in advance Trent
  • 2008 5 door 2.0ltr SX

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I'd think there would be different wiring involved right back to fuses under bonnet and dash plus a control module and sensors for temperature control, it might be possible to install but you would need the whole kit and caboodle :undecided:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :whsaid:

I understand why you are considering that, but if it's any consolation I prefer manual heating/cooling controls...

I've had several brands of climate control and reckon manual is simpler to get a comfortable temp.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Slim14977

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth, Western Australia
Thanks guys that was what I was suspecting I will just have to use my facia and get a double din holder
  • 2008 5 door 2.0ltr SX

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal