i30 Owners Club

Is this a good price ? ( air filters )

John B · 7 · 2096

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Coming close to the 36 month service and I know I require a air intake filter and a pollen filter for my I30 GD 2014 petrol. Have been getting my genuine oil filters from eBay at a good price and from the same place they have a Genuine Hy air filter for $28 and a pollen filter for $43. They also have a i30 turbo pollen filter for $37 which I believe is the same as the Gd petrol, perhaps you can enlighten me on that..  Do you guys think these are good prices ?
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
John, I bought one of the wesfil pollen filters, they're just as good as the others :link: Wesfil Cabin Air Pollen Filter WACF0158 fits Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDi (GD) | eBay

All GD's use the same size pollen filter :goodjob2:

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
John, I bought one of the wesfil pollen filters, they're just as good as the others :link: Wesfil Cabin Air Pollen Filter WACF0158 fits Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDi (GD) | eBay

All GD's use the same size pollen filter :goodjob2:

Thanks Craig, I guess not having a genuine pollen filter is not going to cause any warranty problems and the engine air filter seemed cheap enough. Cheeky buggers at the last HY dealers i used to use charged $40 for fitting the pollen filter. :'(
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Filters are all the same material, just a different colour so wont affect warranty, the air filter is a reasonable price :goodjob2:

My last service Hyundai tried to hit me up $80 for a new filter, you can guess what I told them to do with that :D

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Thanks Craig, just went onto the link you gave me and it reckons that pollen filter is not compatible with my 1.8 petrol ,should I take a chance with it ?
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Thanks Craig, just went onto the link you gave me and it reckons that pollen filter is not compatible with my 1.8 petrol ,should I take a chance with it ?
It's fine, listed as not compatible with mine as well even though they all use the same filter.

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal