i30 Owners Club

Beeping noise

Offline mentalboy1

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hi, recently(strangely since my spring coils were replaced) when I put the key in the ignition it makes a weird beeping noise similar to parking sensor noise, also (even before spring coils changed) the dash area flashes for about 1 min max. Any ideas??  I don't have any parking sensors on my car so its not them

:confused: :confused:
  • i30 Hatchback 1.4 petrol manual 2009 dark grey

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Strange.
Hopefully someone will have had a similar experience.
BTW, does it happen when you insert the key?
Or when you turn the ignition "On"?
OR maybe at the "Accessories" setting?

Also, if you have a second key, doe sit also happen with that one?
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline mentalboy1

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
it beeps when I put key in and turn to accessories , very weird. Is it a warning for low battery on key?

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Key battery does not function here.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Aye30

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth
Hello, Could it be some aftermarket gadget installed by a previous owner that  accidentally got reconnected after the work was carried out? I have read stories of people finding gps trackers on second hand cars. Try to get behind the dash and look for the source of the beep.

Offline mentalboy1

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
ok I'll have alook around, the noise seems to come from the speakers which is weird. I tried turning radio off so when turn ignition next time radio is off, taking CD out, I even tried by a reccomdation of turning my main beams on and off for 20 times quickly as someone thought headlights may be in EU mode nothing so far.

Would plugging into an ECU reader work with no warning lights on dash???

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Unlikely that you will have a code, however, nothing to lose by checking.

If you are sure that it is coming from the speakers, maybe you have a glitch with the CD mech / reader. or some other clock function.
Its not a big job to remove and unplug the head unit.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden
Did you try disconnecting the negative battery terminal for a few minutes? Might fix it of something is just stuck in a bad loop. Electrical problems are usually rectified with a hard reset.

What is it that flashes every time? Maybe show it to a dealer, they might have seen it before, and its probably related to the beeping.
  • Ioniq Electric MY2019 88kw

Offline mentalboy1

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hi tried disconnected but did nothing, I got a Bluetooth ECU reader I just tried and no faults coming up??

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Seems to be some odd behaviour :confused: rather than further speculate I think best if you get it into a Hyundai service centre for inspection.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 03:16:16 by CraigB »

Offline mentalboy1

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
well I finally solved the beeping noise, took it to garage who did work who were baffled and give car a good look over and found nothing to worry about, then took to Hyundai who confirmed same but suggested an after market alarm. Upon looking further I have found it to be a parrot CK3100 hands free kit installed as my Bluetooth picks it up!! I can listen via speakers but cant speak so I think maybe get a screen and microphone and I can have a handsfree kit working? 

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Ahhh .....  :Shocked: If you had said chirping instead of beeping, we all would have advised you to kill the Parrot - obvious really.

:mrgreen: good result :goodjob:

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
  Bloody noisy Parrots. :lol: Glad you got it sorted.    @ nzenigma.  :lol:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
So you've only got half a parrot? Half your luck you got the noisy half. Sounds like you'll half to consult these guys to complete your flock set.

These Galahs
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline mentalboy1

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
In the interim of getting a screen and microphone any ideas how to disconnect it beeping driving me mad lol :crazy1:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
In the interim of getting a screen and microphone any ideas how to disconnect it beeping driving me mad lol :crazy1:
Have you laid eyes on it yourself? Whatever module is doing the beeping is bound to have a connection to 12V power somewhere. Perhaps there's an out-of-place inline fuse you can remove, or an aftermarket wire connection to your fusebox that you can disconnect.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal