i30 Owners Club

Steering wheel upgrade

CraigB · 6 · 3019

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Thinking of upgrading my steering wheel to the leather type that has the phone controls built in, hopefully one of the tech guys might be able to answer something for me as to whether it would be a direct replacement and match up with the current wiring/clock spring?

This is my installed type and my VIN TMAD231CLDJ003852

and the type I'm thinking of installing and VIN KMHD351EMGU309018
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 08:11:01 by CraigB »

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Have not made much progress except the clock spring will be different.    
93490A4110. Yours should be currently 93490A6100. there's 2 years difference so are the head units the same? harnesses? I don'thave any GD material and the catalog is not showing the radio part numbers.
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Thanks for looking into it :hatoff:

My head unit is also a GD03 unit out of a 2016 model, the steering controls still work exactly the same as they did with the GD01.

guest9517
Please disregard, was wuestion about connector, but my EU-made car is configured different :-(

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Could you guys do me a HUGE favour...& have some closeups of the backside (wireside) of the connector that goes into the spring ring...I´f got wrong wiring for mine (mines made in Europe) & very easy to check if yours is wrong or right compared to mine, as the horn-wire is on top in one & bottom on other wiringharness :-)
I haven't got the steering wheel off to check sorry, mines euro built also but I'm not removing it until I can find out if it'll work.

I might have to make a trip over to Korean Auto Parts sometime and see if they can tell me, I'll ask them to change it over for me and if it works I'll buy it :)

guest9517
As just edited...Please disregard as its completely different connections...But thanks for reply  :goodjob:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal