i30 Owners Club

DASH CAM FOOTAGE: Watch driver 'intentionally slam on his brakes' on M56 putting

eye30 · 5 · 1826

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

THIS dash cam footage captures the terrifying moment a driver 'intentionally slammed on his brakes' putting the lives of innocent motorists at risk on the M56.

Harvey Schofield appeared at Chester Magistrates’ Court on February 22 where he was handed a 12-week suspended prison sentence, 200 hours of community service and a £620 fine after being found guilty of dangerous driving.

Schofield, 53, from Offerton, was also disqualified from driving for 12 months and ordered to take an extended driving test.

:link: DASH CAM FOOTAGE: Watch driver 'intentionally slam on his brakes' on M56 putting lives at risk | Wirral Globe
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
It's obvious what the idiot was trying to do - indicate that the lorry was hogging the outside lane.

If the lorry had been doing that for  a long distance - as many of them do - he should have been nicked as well.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: AlanHo
... the lorry was hogging the outside lane.

Indeed, that's how I see it.

Still no reason for someone to take matters into their own hands, and so dangerously..
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
If you have not done it, scroll down and read the comments.

Consensus seems like you say, possible breach of highway code by lorry but of course we don't see what happened prior to the clip.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
There is a possibility the lorry was in the outside lane because he was approaching a junction and wanted to facilitate vehicles to leave the slip road and join the road in the first lane. I do this myself when safe to do so. The video doesn't go on long enough to confirm this.

I am thinking about taking the advanced driver course and tests for something worthwhile to do. I have the guidance manual and am working my way through it. It is a revelation to read all the bad habits you can fall into over the years.

For example we all know that your hands should be at 10 to 2 on the steering wheel.

How many know that your thumbs must be almost vertical and NOT wrapped around the wheel. If you do FAIL.

Also- how many of us turn a corner and let the castor angle of the front wheels straighten the wheel and you let it slide through your hands. FAIL.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal