i30 Owners Club

Purchasing a Hyundai I30 I 1.4 2018

zevans · 2 · 2104

Offline zevans

• 1st Gear

• Slovakia
Hi everyone, thinking of buying a second hand Hyundai I30 I. Looked at a lot of reviews and overall seems well. Below is a link from a dealer than I am considering if anyone recommends the car it self or raise any concerns.

Please ignore the price as it’s in Slovakia. Just after recommendation or reasons not to buy. For the price the year and km’s seem to be standard after comparing to multiple other I30’s for sale.

Link will show in Slovak but if you use chrome can translate to English

Thanks everyone in advance for the help
:link: Hyundai i30 1.4 i Family | AUTOVIA.SK
  • Hyundai I30 I Family

Offline Bob.W

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Coffs Harbour
Hmmm bummer you didn't get any earlier replies?

My only advice would HAVE been - as with any car, check the servicing records. Also look the car over to see if it's been treated badly & yet tidied up for sale (harder to do with a dealer but you can always check to see if well cared for - hard to clean areas etc, is the engine area clean or a mess). But there's loads of generic advice on how to buy a car & look for issues.

So on an i30 of that PD series 1 type era - I'd avoid a DCT unless all drivers KNOW how to use it properly, it's not to be driven as you do an auto - especially in metro traffic.

And if you do live in a metro area - strongly consider if a diesel is a wise choice, as you will likely have issues with the DPF - amazing how many metro soccer mums you see in late model diesel vehicles and I'm sure they sniff a 100km+ zone for 30mins+ very rarely.

Otherwise let us know how you ended up faring?
  • 2017 PD 5 door hatch, diesel 1.6lt, auto

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal