i30 Owners Club

Fuse diagram

Offline badgerfruit

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hello
My little GD 65 plate i30 is having some little niggles and I wonder if it's fuse related:
1. I dropped the car off at Gatwick and went away for 2 weeks, when I came back the "A" auto stop/start light on the control panel is ON and the dash also shows it's disabled.  I've pressed it repeatedly but it won't go back "on" (not that it really ever worked properly except shortly after a new battery was installed).

2. When I am setting the speed limiter, there used to be a green light on the dash to say it's on but this has also stopped working.  The SL works, if I press the "on" button and set a speed, it limits to it as expected.

In my non-car mind, I wonder if it was a fuse that'd gone pop and I could just swap out?  Have seen other threads here about the Stop/Start and to be honest, it's not that I desperately want it to work, I just want to be able to turn it back on so the light on the dash goes away!

#FirstWorldProblems
  • I30

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
1. The ISG may become inhibited if the battery is low on juice - :link: I30 Intelligent Stop and Go (ISG)

2. No idea
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Greyhound

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
I am also wondering if both could be related to battery undervoltage. Suggest charging the battery fully then check measured battery voltage is then satisfactory. How old is the battery and is the car often left unused and out in the cold?
A new battery may be needed if voltage is indicated down after a full charge.
  • i30 PD 2020 1.0 T-GDi

Offline PGN I30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
1. Your battery is probably low from sitting unused.
2. There is a green light on the dash for cruise control, the speed limiter just has a number and setting in the middle screen in white.

Offline badgerfruit

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hey all
The battery is about 3 months old, if that.
It's not normally left for so long though and it's barely driven (Wakefield to Rotherham and back 3 times a week then sits on driveway), ran it back from Gatwick airport (so 4h drive non stop) and it still is showing as "off".

How can I get a full charge to the battery by the way, I thought driving charged it up?

As for the speed limiter. I could have zworn there was a light on the dash that lit up when it was activated but maybe not.  I'll check the dash out tomorrow see if I can see it.  I know the cruise control has a green icon light and really believe there's a green on foe the SL too but I've been wrong before lol.  Will post back about that tomorrow
  • I30

Offline PGN I30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Mine has never had a light for the speed limiter apart from the centre display in white, as for the stop start, I always turn it off as soon as I get in the car so would benefit me if it never activated, I was looking into a solution to keep it off all the time but not possible so far.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal