i30 Owners Club

2017 (new model) Hyundai i30 SE CRDI - Boot Release Button Issue

Offline philly_n

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Armagh
Hello.

Im hoping to get some advice or guidance where I could pick up a replacement boot release button for my i30. I purchased the car as 2nd hand and the fault only appeared soon after the warranty had expired.

The rubber seal on the button had cracked  and I assume water has got in and now it does not operate or function at all. The only way I can operate the boot lid is by crawling into the boot and using the manual slot located on the inside of the boot lid.

I got a quote for a replacement part from a local Hyundai dealer but it was very excessive! Has anyone got any suggestions where I could get a more reasonably priced replacement on the web? Anything online I see, they all appear to be for the older i30 model. 2017 for the crossover year.

Thanks in advance.
  • Hyundai i30

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Can you post images of the release mechanism removed from the car?
If I had it, I would be dismantling and cleaning it to remove any corrosion creating the open circuit, and replacing the rubber with a custom-cut piece.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Put your vehicle details in here https://partsouq.com/ to search all available parts, you could also possibly find one through a wreckers/breakers yard though you can never guarantee longevity.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal