i30 Owners Club

Incorrect (?) rear calipers fitted.

Offline rtneyhart

• 1st Gear

• us United States
      Pennsylvania
Good Afternoon,

I was going to replace the rear calipers on my car and found that the calipers I purchased aren't the same as the ones fitted on the car.  My first thought was that I had purchased the incorrect parts, however, upon further investigation, I found that the calipers I purchased were the correct ones listed for the car while the ones fitted are actually for the sedan.  My car is a 2012 (05/09/2012) USDM Elantra Touring (FD) and the calipers fitted are for the 2006-2010 USDM Elantra Sedan (UD).  I am the second owner of the car and it has very low miles on it, so it's hard to believe that the calipers were changed previously, and if so the amount of corrosion leads me to believe they've been on there for a while.  Oddly enough, the rear rotors are the ones that should be on the car.  Has anyone come across this before?

Regards,

Russell
  • 2012 FD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0, Auto, Blue

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
Have you tried www.partsouq.com? Search using your VIN number and it will find the original part number of what should be fitted to your car. I don't know if the number is visible on the actual caliper casting somewhere, or just on the box they are supplied in. The number is definitely stamped on the rotor but can become hard to read under the rust. If you're buying an aftermarket reconditioned caliper, I don't trust suppliers to know what the correct part is. That's why I always find out what the genuine Hyundai/Kia part number is. If you search on ebay using that number, you should at least be able to find photos of what it looks like.
  • i30 CRD

Offline rtneyhart

• 1st Gear

• us United States
      Pennsylvania
Well, found and ordered the correct rear calipers.  Mando listing was incorrect, several others were correct, and amazingly matched the ones on the car!  Just my dumb luck picking the brand (which are supposedly the OE manufacturer - I've not researched at length) with an incorrect listing.  Thanks for the heads up on partsouq @BrendanP.   :)
  • 2012 FD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0, Auto, Blue

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal