i30 Owners Club

MY 2022 i30 N-line Auto headlights don't turn off.

Offline slippergypsy

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, NSW
hi all, recently bought an i30 off a guy who bought it brand new in June 2022.
has 10,000km on it and no faults on the dash at least anyway, I have the headlights set to auto, but they don't appear to ever turn off, anyone else noticed this on theirs? is there a sensitivity setting for the auto on/off time?
  • 2022 PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt, Manual, Liquid Metal Grey

Offline Aye30

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth
Hi, can you confirm which lights dont turn off, and does this model come equipped with DRL? I'm new to auto lifgts also, and my car always has the DRL on, even with full sun on the sensor  on the dash board, the only time they turn off is when the handbrake is on.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hi, can you confirm which lights dont turn off, and does this model come equipped with DRL? I'm new to auto lifgts also, and my car always has the DRL on, even with full sun on the sensor  on the dash board, the only time they turn off is when the handbrake is on.
The OP did mention it's the headlights :) Hopefully someone might know of this issue and post a reply soon :fingers:

DRL (Daytime Running Lights) are supposed to be on all the time during daylight hours, they only go out once the headlights are turned on.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
hi all, recently bought an i30 off a guy who bought it brand new in June 2022.
has 10,000km on it and no faults on the dash at least anyway, I have the headlights set to auto, but they don't appear to ever turn off, anyone else noticed this on theirs? is there a sensitivity setting for the auto on/off time?
A bit of a long shot but you don't happen to have something covering the auto lightsensor :undecided:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
On my 2012 gd if I get out the car and leave the lights on and lock it with one press of the lock on the fob the car locks but lights stay on.

Pressing the lock on the fob again turns the lights off.

Have you tried a 2nd push on the fob.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
The light sensor is in the middle of the dash under near the windscreen.....

Offline Iv12KKA

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England, Greater Manchester
Hi Mate,

You can't turn these off. They're set by EU standards to always stay on as part of a new safety feature on all new cars.
  • 2017 i30 SE NAV 1.0

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I have the headlights set to auto, but they don't appear to ever turn off,

You can't turn these off. They're set by EU standards to always stay on

Like... forever...?
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hi Mate,

You can't turn these off. They're set by EU standards to always stay on as part of a new safety feature on all new cars.
Is that why on the Light stalk its written " Off - On - Auto"  :D  I didn't know Australia was part of the EU  :Shocked: :crazy1:

As previously mentioned, DRL's (daytime running lights) are meant to always be on, though they go out once the head lights are turned on.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal