lemerv · 7 · 2279

Offline lemerv

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
I have a 2022 i30 base model. The Lane Safety feature has three options:
1. Assist
2. Warning Only
3. Off

By default mine was on Assist. However, I want it to be on Warning Only. I have changed it but as soon as I turn off the car it “forgets” this setting and the next time I turn on the car it is back to Assist.

Is there a way to make it remember my selection?
  • 2022 i30 5d Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto and a 2014 GD 5d Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt, Auto

Online TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
My i30, 2018 SR does not have a feature called Lane Safety and in my car I cannot find any settings like your: 1. Assist, 2. Warning, 3. Off.  A quick Google check of others complaining about this suggests that you cannot turn it off, permanently.  My Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) sounds a bit like your Lane Safety feature.

My owners manual says: The Lane Keeping Assist System helps detect lane markers on the road with a camera at the front windscreen and assists the driver's steering to help keep the vehicle between lanes.  When the system detects the vehicle straying from its lane, it alerts the driver with a visual and audible warning, whilst applying a slight counter-steering torque, to try to prevent the vehicle from moving out of its lane.

I run my car with the LKAS panel button OFF (photo #1, below) so that the LKAS icon is not show on the car dash display (but, for illustrative purposes, I have shown and crossed out the icon in photos #2 & #4).  In the steering wheel Menu I set the LKAS on the Lane Warning Departure setting (#4, below). This setting stays active whenever I turn the car engine on/off.  I have never run with the Standard LKA or the Active LKA on. 

I do not remember seeing/hearing my car give off a LKAS Lane Departure Warning and I know that in my time driving the car I have occasionally drifted off my line while in marked lanes.  Because of that, I have always presumed that my LKAS (including the Warning only) was not active because I don't run with the LKAS button (#1) ON?  Maybe the warning happened and I was too busy daydreaming about the Meaning of Life. :)

Sorry I could not be of direct help with your question.

Just for information, I have attached some photos of my car's system:

• 2018 i30 PD SR Auto 1.6 Turbo Hatch (Sparkling Metal)

Offline lemerv

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
Thanks for the detailed answer Terry. Mine is a bit different to yours.

I also emailed hyundai and they came back saying that is does indeed reset every time the car is turned off and there is no way to have it remember the setting.

Bit unfortunate.
  • 2022 i30 5d Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto and a 2014 GD 5d Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt, Auto

Online TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Thanks for the detailed answer Terry. Mine is a bit different to yours.

I also emailed hyundai and they came back saying that is does indeed reset every time the car is turned off and there is no way to have it remember the setting.

Bit unfortunate.

Yes, unfortunate... but at least now you know from the horse's mouth and can stop searching.

(I appreciate the update and the thanks.  Some people who post and get help cannot be bothered with those courtesies :rolleyes:).

• 2018 i30 PD SR Auto 1.6 Turbo Hatch (Sparkling Metal)

Offline lemerv

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
I’ve asked if it behaves this way by design or is a bug, but I don’t think I will get very far. Will post any meaningful updates here.

And I always appreciate the free help on forums!

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Mine is set to warn only and always is every time I start - you sure there isnt a "save" option there you need to be clicking?  I'll look at mine next time  drive, if I remeber.

If it was set to LKAS all the time the car would have gone back long ago!

I am in the UK though so it may be country specific. Its looks like they same menu options as I get though.

Offline lemerv

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
Well that is interesting. I’m not seeing a save option but I’ll have another look. The settings does “save” while the car is on, but then resets once off then back on.

Hyundai came back after I followed up and they said it defaults to “on” because it is a safety feature and this default can’t be changed.

Please do have a look at yours next time and let me know.

Cheers

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal