i30 Owners Club

I30 CRDI GD Auxiliary Belt issues

Offline Mumfy73

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Two Rocks, Perth WA
So after many faultless kms on my i30 i now have a issue

My belt broke and was replaced with a hyundai genuine one but i had a engine noise, before replacing the the belt i ran the engine no noise, belt on and noise, the tensioner was also noted that it was bouncing about, So that was replaced all idlers checked no play

Its like the belt is loading up and unloading ............the noise at tick over is still there but as soon as you accelerate it disappears

No noise when the belt is removed

Im a little stuck

Just a little about me I run Landrovers so have rebuilt engines, gearboxes diffs etc
  • I30 CRDI GD 2013 Wagon

Offline PGN I30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Were all the pulleys checked or just the idlers?

Offline Mumfy73

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Two Rocks, Perth WA
Yes all checked no play detected in anything
  • I30 CRDI GD 2013 Wagon

Offline PGN I30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
What length is the belt, is it the correct one? I was thinking maybe it is too long, can't think of any other reason why it would make noise.

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW

Just a little about me I run Landrovers so have rebuilt engines, gearboxes diffs etc

That could be the most unintended damming indictment against Landrovers I have ever read. :rofl:.   :lol:   :snigger:

(I owned a SWB II for a little while.  Great vehicle, but no creature comforts.  We did the Holden conversion thing (dropped in a red engine, bored and balanced, lightened flywheel etc).   Cannot remember why now. :)  It was an absolute screamer on the streets against unsuspecting traffic light draggers... but it lost that lovely first gear tick-tick torque up/down hills in the bush). 

• 2018 i30 PD SR Auto 1.6 Turbo Hatch (Sparkling Metal)

Offline PGN I30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Crankshaft pulley appears to be vibrating causing the issue.

Offline Mumfy73

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Two Rocks, Perth WA
Crankshaft pulley appears to be vibrating causing the issue.

No that’s not an issue with it pulsing it lead me to the alternator pulley which when replaced solved the issue
  • I30 CRDI GD 2013 Wagon

Offline PGN I30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
I thought you said the idlers and pulleys had been checked, what was wrong with alternator pulley?

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal