i30 Owners Club

2010 i30 estate replacement parts ???????

Offline stevegos

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      lincolnshire
good afternoon a week ago i went to our local parts supplier lincos and bought 2 new bottom arms 2 ball joints and 2 drop links, after trying to fit them today the ball joints are wrong and the bottom arms are different as in they have a bracket on the top of them originals do not ,,so rang lincos with this query and also while on the phone ordered new rear disca pads and hand brake shoes along with 2 hand brake cables as siezed ,the guy said he will phone me back ,,20 mins later get a call to say they have been on there OE site and apparently these were made in 2 different countries,didnt say which countries but country a used 1 kind of parts and country b used different ,like my ball joints are screw in type on the car but was given the ones with the 2 bolt holes in ans also said as this was the case they couldnt supply the hand brake cablesd as there different  it all boils down to the chassis number

has anybody got any ideas please as im lost
  • i30 premium 1.6 crdi

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
good afternoon a week ago i went to our local parts supplier lincos and bought 2 new bottom arms 2 ball joints and 2 drop links, after trying to fit them today the ball joints are wrong and the bottom arms are different as in they have a bracket on the top of them originals do not ,,so rang lincos with this query and also while on the phone ordered new rear disca pads and hand brake shoes along with 2 hand brake cables as siezed ,the guy said he will phone me back ,,20 mins later get a call to say they have been on there OE site and apparently these were made in 2 different countries,didnt say which countries but country a used 1 kind of parts and country b used different ,like my ball joints are screw in type on the car but was given the ones with the 2 bolt holes in ans also said as this was the case they couldnt supply the hand brake cablesd as there different  it all boils down to the chassis number

has anybody got any ideas please as im lost
What ideas are you after? The VIN will determine what's fitted, there's online sites you could plug into with that like 7ZAP.

Yes in other markets there were variations of design. Over here all of ours have the 2 bolt design.

As far as the arms are concerned, AFAIK they're all the same and those little "brackets" may actually be a design improvement , will have no concern fitment wise

Handbrake cables,  wagon and hatch will be different.

But I have found

597602R500, 597702R500

and 59770-2L300, 59760-2L300

Contact a dealer to verify with the VIN what's fitted or try online.

I think either Korean factory or Czech is the other
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 00:50:47 by tw2005 »
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal