Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Turned out more favourable than I expected from the preamble.  :victory:

I tried to test drive a manual SR that appeared in the local dealer's second hand yard. But, by the time I approached them they reckon it had been sold. Actually I think it just got shipped to their Hobart yard. (over 300 kilometres and 3 hours drive away) so it isn't going to happen in a hurry. They seem to send all manuals to Hobart for some reason as the Wife's manual Tourer was sent down there too.  :crazy1:

I have wanted to try a manual SR since I got MY DCT 2 years ago.

I'm surprised that he reckons the torque isn't cutting in until around 2500 RPM. My DCT pulls hard from much lower than that with little or no turbo lag. The takeoff from a standstill could be swifter but I blamed that on the DCT. I expected the Manual to be better in that regard. The DCT is zippier from a standing start in Sport mode.

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mrpayner

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Ballarat
Some people must just "auto-pilot" whilst driving .. Some people are just A-B car owners, others [like all of us I 'pose] are enthusiast and actual drivers!  :P

Some comments are just amusing. And yep, that's my comment at the bottom.

• 2019 Hyundai i30 N-Line Premium - 1.6lt T - DCT - Fluidic Metal

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I wouldn't be surprised if some of them haven't even got one. My DCT does  none of that $hit. They must just be crap drivers. I can accerate smoothly and rapidly in mine from pretty much any speed once on the move.  :spitty: :crazy1:

Offline mrpayner

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Ballarat
Yeh I'm happy with mine too .. I've said elsewhere that it suits my driving style more than a normal torque converter auto. And you'd never ever see me get into a CVT.  :sicky:
  • 2019 Hyundai i30 N-Line Premium - 1.6lt T - DCT - Fluidic Metal

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yeh I'm happy with mine too .. I've said elsewhere that it suits my driving style more than a normal torque converter auto. And you'd never ever see me get into a CVT.  :sicky:

My new Camry Hybrid will have a CVT, but they are a planetary CVT and they work well in Hybrids. I don't like them in conventional cars though.

Offline SPman

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      NE of Perth

• 2018 i30 SR Man. - Blue
No problems passing in our manual - just drop to 4th and go - almost like riding a motorbike. It does have a nice meaty midrange to make up for the sluggishness off from the lights.
  • 2018 i30 SR Man.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Honest open review there John  :goodjob: :goodjob2:

Everything goes better in "sport" Dazz.  :evil:

Did a lot of trawling on 1.6T DCT when deciding on i30 replacement.
Has been a fair few complaints re 1.6T dct ( again in the states ) mainly in the Tucson regarding takeoff and acceleration response. A bit heavier  and quite possibly different emission requirements I suppose.
They have +/- for a reason.

The Kona we tried, Trish's & Anita's (still coming) have the latest  Australian settings.
Eco was boring, Comfort was great and Sport was ohh  yeah !
( Still tame compared to Santa   :evil:)

• 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal