maybe dropping the steering column may help
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
young body and flexibility an advantage. You just need all the bits 

Asked one with all the bits but she wasn't keen.  :evil:

Your theory has merit; possibly use the bore scope to find the right route. ( in the car :rolleyes:) Key swap is fairly routine.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline stallyi30

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Hi everyone
Sorry for the prolonged absence
Have managed to sell the car showing them the current issue.  took a bit of a hit on what i would have wanted for it but i'd had enough by this point.
Never heard back from the dealership... can you believe it!
Shame, the car was practically new but I just had a bad feeling it that issue would have persisted or gotten worse.
Anyway, thanks again for your help.  Looks like this thread is going other places now :)
All the best
Ben
  • 2011 1.6l i30 Auto Petrol

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hi everyone
Sorry for the prolonged absence
Have managed to sell the car showing them the current issue.  took a bit of a hit on what i would have wanted for it but i'd had enough by this point.
Never heard back from the dealership... can you believe it!
Shame, the car was practically new but I just had a bad feeling it that issue would have persisted or gotten worse.
Anyway, thanks again for your help.  Looks like this thread is going other places now :)
All the best
Ben
Sorry to hear that. No it's no surprise they never came back. Short of part swapping it was a tough one. shame it was the 1.6, Between gary and myself we would have had the 2.0 and CRDI covered parts wise but when it's needed for everyday transport it's not like you can take it off the road forever hoping to fix it either..

:winker:
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
@stallyi30

Hey Ben, mate so sorry to hear that it went that way, given the low ks and condition of the car, I feel your pain.
Same as Gerard said, dealer no show is of no surprise. You at least showed decency by informing the new buyer about the issue.
Best wishes Gary
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline SusanW

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
I'm having the exact same issue as this with my 2011 petrol i30. It's stalling when i'm either stopped at a light, idling or going really slow (like really slow up a steep driveway). I've had it in twice to be looked at first time with just my local service mechanic who said there was nothing wrong with it and the next time by a Hyundai dealer who did a diagnostic with no fails. I also note i'm in Brisbane Queensland so if you got yours fixed by someone please please let me know who as i'm happy to pay to have it fixed i just need someone to believe me it's happening. Many thanks

• 2011 130 Petrol 1.6ltr

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I'm having the exact same issue as this with my 2011 petrol i30. It's stalling when i'm either stopped at a light, idling or going really slow (like really slow up a steep driveway). I've had it in twice to be looked at first time with just my local service mechanic who said there was nothing wrong with it and the next time by a Hyundai dealer who did a diagnostic with no fails. I also note i'm in Brisbane Queensland so if you got yours fixed by someone please please let me know who as i'm happy to pay to have it fixed i just need someone to believe me it's happening. Many thanks

Welcome Susan,

Don't you hate that! No fault found!  :fum: :crazy1:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal