i30 Owners Club

Upgraded me wheels

JC087 · 9 · 3421

Offline JC087

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Last Thursday, I upgraded the rims from the standard 18" alloys that came with the car when I bought 6 months ago. They are 18" Hussla GT from Ozzy Tyres.

1. :link: Imgur: The magic of the Internet
2. :link: Imgur: The magic of the Internet
3. :link: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Hope you like them!
  • 2018 i30 SR Premium PD2

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Looks very nice. I like them a lot. :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline JC087

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Wheels aren’t bad :goodjob2: are they wider rims as it looks like the sidewalls are stretched  :undecided:

Offline JC087

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Wheels aren’t bad :goodjob2: are they wider rims as it looks like the sidewalls are stretched  :undecided:

I was told that these rims fit with the existing tires. :shrug: however, two out of four had to be replaced due to leaking air. All good though.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

I was told that these rims fit with the existing tires. :shrug: however, two out of four had to be replaced due to leaking air. All good though.
That's a bit of a safety concern, two leaked...I guess the other two will go when doing hard cornering :disapp: some tyre fitters amaze me with their stupidity :head_butt:

I think stretched sidewalls still voids your insurance as well :undecided: the handling characteristics of the tyre itself have been removed once the sidewalls are stretched, @Surferdude might know more about that.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW

Apparently the wide rim and narrower tyre is the current fad.
Got me farked why though   :spitty:  :spitty:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline JC087

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
CraigB - The 2 tires has been replaced with decent ones, the other 2 which was not are all OK as they said. I haven't done any hard cornering but I think I may as well, in the end replace them as they are hanock tires. :lame:

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

That's a bit of a safety concern, two leaked...I guess the other two will go when doing hard cornering :disapp: some tyre fitters amaze me with their stupidity :head_butt:

I think stretched sidewalls still voids your insurance as well :undecided: the handling characteristics of the tyre itself have been removed once the sidewalls are stretched, @Surferdude might know more about that.
Yep. It's crazy.
Greatly reduced sidewall flex.
Therefore greater risk of sidewall damage hitting a curb or pothole.
Without the flex under hard cornering a section of the footprint will either lift off the road or lessen its grip on the road. Effectively less rubber on the road when you most need it.
So in the case of an accident I'm sure an insurance company could argue you contributed to it by reducing your control of the car. I imagine the police would also take a dim view.

You know, I don't think people realise how important tyres are.  Your brakes could fail but without decent suspension and tyres you've got no hope of avoiding an accident.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal