i30 Owners Club

[GUIDE] How to install a dashcam on an i30N

ntebis · 37 · 22476

Offline Myowni30

• 5th Gear

• Midlands, UK
Have now had a look, used a multi meter but all the feeds seem to be live all of the time. Thanks anyway  :D

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Am pretty sure that all switching is done to earth (negative) so all feeds are live .
@The Gonz  , am I correct  (95% sure)
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
The front anchor and strap for the curtain bag is about half-way down the inside of the A-Pillar.

I just fitted my new cam, and I've tucked the cable under the securing strap and cable tied it out of the way of any deployment.

You can see the strap and the front of the airbag are both forward of where the A-Pillar trim meets the headlining at about 17 seconds:

:link: Euro NCAP Crash Test of Hyundai i30 - YouTube

I guess the worst case is you get hit by the camera as the bag goes off, but doesn't seem to be any point in risking it.

Offline Fishman68

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      UK, Dorset
i had issues with the fuse taps for my Blackvue DR750S 2 channel dashcam with Powermagic (allows camera to record in park mode after ignition switched off.
I needed a permanent live plus a switched live. The first fuses I chose did not always work with the camera even measured 12.7-13v on multimeter. so tried a few fuses until i found a solution

Which fuse did you go with in the end? I have a BlackVue dual camera with Battery installed which is currently on the interior light circuit which isn’t ideal as the circuit doesn’t isolate/deactivate immediately. Recently the camera keeps flipping from disconnect to parking mode so I think I need a different non permanent 20amp fuse to connect to.
  • 2014 I30 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt, Manual, White

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
Quote from: Crustycottage on September 22, 2018, 23:22:34
i had issues with the fuse taps for my Blackvue DR750S 2 channel dashcam with Powermagic (allows camera to record in park mode after ignition switched off.
I needed a permanent live plus a switched live. The first fuses I chose did not always work with the camera even measured 12.7-13v on multimeter. so tried a few fuses until i found a solution

Which fuse did you go with in the end? I have a BlackVue dual camera with Battery installed which is currently on the interior light circuit which isn’t ideal as the circuit doesn’t isolate/deactivate immediately. Recently the camera keeps flipping from disconnect to parking mode so I think I need a different non permanent 20amp fuse to connect to.

I used yellow fuse tap to brake light fuse and red tap to spare 10A. I'm having a few issues with low battery voltage even when fully charged but car still starts throughout winter here

• 2017 PD SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto, Blue

Offline Fishman68

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      UK, Dorset
 :happydance: awesome thank you for the fuse board picture it’s a great help!
  • 2014 I30 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt, Manual, White

Offline Myowni30

• 5th Gear

• Midlands, UK
This guide is taken from n-cars.net by the user DanFez

Thanks. Worked a treat  :happydance:

Fishman68

Wish I lived in Dorset - lol

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal