i30 Owners Club

how would I add aftermarket footwell lights.

Offline gabreilfallen1

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Wishaw
Hi guys and gals looking for some step by step instructions of adding footwell lights and atatching them preferably to dipped or main beam light switch. Please help folks I have a very basic knowledge. ...........oh also its a 2013 hyundai i30 1.4 petrol. And im in uk if that helps too. Thanx in advance folks.
  • 2013 i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Ignore my message Gabriel, I see you worked it out!  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
When you say foot well lights, do you mean the official Hyundai ones, or are you open to suggestions.

BTW, Welcome.  :)
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline gabreilfallen1

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Wishaw
Im open to suggestions. ..........just want them so badly lol im a big kid again :head_butt:
  • 2013 i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
There's the expensive way ordered through Hyundai which will preserve your warranty, or there's the much cheaper DIY way, which involves a bit of thought and technical knowhow, compromises your warranty but provides a truly custom fitting.

The cheaper way would be to source some led strips from ebay, use waterproof type. Choice of colour is up to you, or you could select RGB Type and dial your own colour. Where you place them and how you do it, is entirely up to you. An auto electrician would easily be able to fit them if you're not confident.

Here is a link to the RGB type, WARNING, be careful, some sneaky suppliers advertise RGB type because they have a red, green, blue, led in sequence  :eek: You can not alter these type of lights.

5M 5050 SMD RGB Flexible Strip LED Light Waterproof 300 LEDs 44 Key IR Remote | eBay

Not exactly expensive, but requires some adjustment to make it suitable for a car.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I added nice electric blue to my wife's SEAT Cordoba. You said 'footwells' and that's precisely where I put them, high and deep under the dash, wired via the door switch loom influencing the operation of the interior dome light. Your desire to interact with headlights indicates you don't really mean to use them in the footwells. :rolleyes:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline gabreilfallen1

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Wishaw
I do intend to put them in footwells. I wanted them on light switch as my wife also drive the car and she thinks they are silly :fum:.......... ( I think sheis silly ) lol.......but anyway back to my point I do all the night driving but I think its to big a job for me. Think im gonna have to pay a vehicle electrition :blubber:. But I will probley end up with crap cigarette lighter ones :blubber:
  • 2013 i30

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Someone posted a link in the past couple of days, to a foreign parts supplier, which sells these. At that site is a walk-through of that specific job (I know, as I clocked it myself) and iirc it was showing as a 0.7 hour job, but it involved removing so much stuff from around and under the dashboard.

I'll see if I can (re)locate it.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
I personally don't like lights inside the car while I am driving at night.  I even have the instrument cluster turned down as much as I can.  I started doing this after I started flying and found out about night vision (not the goggle type) and what can destroy it.  I would rather see outside the vehicle, and only just be able to see the instruments.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I personally don't like lights inside the car while I am driving at night.

The link I can't find (yet) had the lights linked to the interior dome.

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
I personally don't like lights inside the car while I am driving at night.

The link I can't find (yet) had the lights linked to the interior dome.

I think gabreilfallen1 wanted them linked to the dipped and/or high beam lights.

Hi guys and gals looking for some step by step instructions of adding footwell lights and atatching them preferably to dipped or main beam light switch. Please help folks I have a very basic knowledge. ...........oh also its a 2013 hyundai i30 1.4 petrol. And im in uk if that helps too. Thanx in advance folks.

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
That would make is easier I guess.

Here's that link I promised...

Mobis Marketing Plattform · Home

Offline gabreilfallen1

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Wishaw
Ok updating I got two led strips...........and 3 interior map reading bulbs.............and two led brake lights all fitted and cant wait till night now.......till I can see it.............I ended up hooking up to ignition.......at first then splicing in a switch so they can be turned on or of.........love it just need to keep the matts and my feet clean so the blu dont show up the dirt lol
  • 2013 i30

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
 :weneedpics:

Offline gabreilfallen1

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Wishaw
On a sub note I have 2 peddles in car, clutch / brake and the third is more of a paddle type thing can this be changed to a pedal like the other 2. Couse I would like ti change the peddles next......................also thanx for all your help guys exceptbthe gonz but every one else you have been a real help thanx......... will fallow with pics later.
  • 2013 i30

Offline gabreilfallen1

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Wishaw
When its dark shambles patients buddy lol I cant wait to see them my self lol :happydance:
  • 2013 i30

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Is it dark yet?

Is it dark yet?

Is it dark yet?

Is it dark yet?

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: gabreilfallen1
...also thanx for all your help guys exceptbthe gonz ...

:rofl:

Gonz was only posting what others were thinking... they'd be better linked to the dome lights so they go off when your interior lights go off, but hey if you want them on all the time (switched) then that's upto you buddy :D

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
On a sub note I have 2 peddles in car, clutch / brake and the third is more of a paddle type thing can this be changed to a pedal like the other 2.
What no accelerator or is this what your referring to as a paddle or possibly you mean the foot rest :undecided: There are aluminium pedal kits available though Hyundai and overseas suppliers 2012+ i30 Sport Aluminum Pedal Set - Korean Auto Imports but none that I've seen yet have the aluminium cover for the foot rest.

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
The accelerator pedal in the 2013 i30 is the organ type. I think it would be a major job to change the arrangement because it would involve not just mounting a new pedal hinged at the top - but also re-engineering the throttle sensors.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
I think you got what you wanted.  :razz:

Offline gabreilfallen1

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Wishaw
there we go eventually lol  let me know what you guys think............I have them on a separate switch so they can be switched on or off or set to come on when engine starts. I like couse they are subtle not to bright they also have a stupid feture that lets them flicker to music...............that was disabled..........................also forgit to post l.e.d rear light will do that the now. but again let me know your opinions guys and gals
  • 2013 i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Why not set them to flicker, to annoy your wife.  :lol:

AND

1. Did you buy them as a car accessory unit from a shop, they seem to have been fitted very quickly.

2. If I may ask, what was the total cost.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 23:24:28 by Phil №❶ »

Offline gabreilfallen1

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Wishaw
it annoys me too but  then im left with a hard decision annoy her or me or really annoy her and medley inconvienence myself.......................... let me see :rofl:
  • 2013 i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
While not something I would do myself, I think that it looks very good. Well done!!

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal