i30 Owners Club

how would I add aftermarket footwell lights.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Is it just the camera or are those tail lights yellow :undecided:

I would say that the camera is tricked by the dull conditions and is allowing more light in, which in turn is washing out the red colour.

This is my point about purchasing leds on eBay etc. Cameras can not produce a true indication of light output without some sort of benchmark reference point.

AK, would know what I'm talking about. Perhaps he can explain for me :needhelp:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline gabreilfallen1

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Wishaw
No these where all taken on a camera phone ..........should have wipped finger prints of lens lol :lol:. But I did notice that .lol
  • 2013 i30

Offline gabreilfallen1

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Wishaw
Cameras just dont have the awsome power of the human eye...... ..there you go explained buddy :rofl:
  • 2013 i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Quite correct.  :D

Offline gabreilfallen1

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Wishaw
Also I maned to get the whole lot done fir about 55 bucks which was nice lol :happydance:
  • 2013 i30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

I would say that the camera is tricked by the dull conditions and is allowing more light in, which in turn is washing out the red colour.

This is my point about purchasing leds on eBay etc. Cameras can not produce a true indication of light output without some sort of benchmark reference point.
Thanks :) I did wonder about the outside darkened conditions, daylight photos would be better for photographing so the aperture closes quicker without letting in the extra light.

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery

AK, would know what I'm talking about. Perhaps he can explain for me :needhelp:

There's two issues at play, exposure and white balance. The cameras in Smart phones aren't that smart and generally don't handle these things particularly well in extreme situations. Exposure should be metered on the brightest object which should then be properly exposed maybe if the tog knows what they are doing. Not something easily done with a smart phone sadly and these images will typically be over exposed and washed out.

Colour balance is most accurately handled using a white balance card. It sorts out colour cast issues nicely. To try and explain white balance, you might have noticed light bulbs generally are warm (4000k) or cool (6500k). If you photograph something at either end of the spectrum without colour compensation adjustments in the camera (sunrise, day, cloudy, night etc) the colour shifts and you get what is known as a colour cast which is to say the colours are not true. This is an attempt to simply explain a fairly technical topic but I hope you get the picture (ahem).

Here's an example of extreme colour cast that illustrates the point. When shooting in filtered light in the rainforest the light is actually kind of green as well as shaded. You don't notice it with the eye but its there. The camera boosts the magenta to compensate for the extra green and the images are kind of funky looking. That's where a white balance card comes into play. Check the links for more information.

What is color temperature: free photography cheat sheet | Digital Camera World
White Balance and Color Correction « Keith and Joan's Gallery
Perfect exposure « Keith and Joan's Gallery
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 02:27:38 by Aussie Keith »
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Looks good Gabriel (and cheap as chips)  :mrgreen:

Looks like it is true what they say about you Scots! (but that is a good thing!)  :victory:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline gabreilfallen1

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Wishaw
Wow aussie very imformitive :goodjob: learn something new.......................also what do they say about us scots mister :Pout: lol come on say it.
  • 2013 i30

Offline gabreilfallen1

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Wishaw

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Wow aussie very imformitive :goodjob: learn something new.......................also what do they say about us scots mister :Pout: lol come on say it.

Okay. I saw a Scot drop a penny and it hit him in the back of the head as he bent down to pick it up.

Or

Copper wire was invented by two Scots fighting over a penny.   :whistler:

Offline gabreilfallen1

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Wishaw

Offline gabreilfallen1

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Wishaw
Lmao yall need to stop listening to that rap music. Yall have a  lot of hate in your heart lmao.......................... but you never know if your great great great grandad wasnt a crimanal we could be naibours :victory:lmao ( its only in jest please dont get offended).
  • 2013 i30

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Lmao yall need to stop listening to that rap music. Yall have a  lot of hate in your heart lmao.......................... but you never know if your great great great grandad wasnt a crimanal we could be naibours :victory:lmao ( its only in jest please dont get offended).

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My mother's side is Scottish (McRorie).  I know, if we weren't such criminals, then they would have kept us in the fridge.  Luckily for us, the English had the wonderful idea to send us bad-arses to paradise!!   :lol:

Offline gabreilfallen1

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Wishaw
Lmao..............you guys did get the better end of the deal...............................I like gameing so I look at life in dificulty settings:

america= beginner

britian+china =easy

Russia = medium

Africa and asia= dificult

Australia = everything will kill you. Lol
  • 2013 i30

Offline gabreilfallen1

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Wishaw
I love this country and most of the peaple in it just wish we where situated closer to the equator.   :rofl:
  • 2013 i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Lmao..............you guys did get the better end of the deal...............................I like gameing so I look at life in dificulty settings:

america= beginner

britian+china =easy

Russia = medium

Africa and asia= dificult

Australia = everything will kill you. Lol

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I love this country and most of the peaple in it just wish we where situated closer to the equator.   :rofl:

:rofl:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
:wttc: gabreilfallen1
  • 2013 Hyundai i30 GD Active 1.6 L, 6 Speed Automatic, Diesel

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal