i30 Owners Club

Stupid cyclist...

Hati · 24 · 5557

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Chek this idiot out : I had to brake for it that you can't tell watching it. If I wasn't looking right to check for redlight runners as usual, he would have caused me a lot of grief.

No helmet, no regards to traffic lights, giving a bad name to all the other cyclists who do the right thing.
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Wow, that's a shocker Hati  :Shocked:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
 :whsaid:

What's also a shocker is all that rubbish piled up on the nature strip.... :fum:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

What's also a shocker is all that rubbish piled up on the nature strip.... :fum:

That's a WA thing.. You put furniture and stuff you don't want out on the footpath for others to help themselves  :wacko:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I've seen it in the suburbs of Melbourne too, but I still think it looks terriible.....  :fum:

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Council collects your stuff once a year, free of charge, things you can't put in the wheelie bin, that area is getting done now. That cyclist should be part of that too to collect him off the streets for good :D
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

That's a WA thing.. You put furniture and stuff you don't want out on the footpath for others to help themselves  :wacko:
It's not normally there for long. The council does periodical cleanups. Better than having people dump it all over.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I saw just recently on one of the current affair programs that people have taken to just dumping their junk on the nature strip even when there isn't a hard rubbish collection day coming up...  :undecided:

I always thought (when I drove around the burbs) that they had a bloody lot of collection days down there...  :eek:

Btw it looks like that rubbish was dumped outside a vacant block in that vid.... :confused:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
It's not normally there for long. The council does periodical cleanups. Better than having people dump it all over.

RN is correct as are others,yes here in WA they have their organised hard and green rubish pick up days(generally one or two a year in most areas) the thing that shit's me is your are informed not to put the rubbish(whatever it may be) out before a day or two before the pick up day, but PPL continually put their shite out weeks before the pick up day,so this leaves it for PPL to pick through and spread all over the area as kids tend to get into it and thing it funny to place chairs out on the road of a night, others knowing that there re PPL out there who like to pick through others rubbish and take it,don;t even wait for rubbish collection days, they just pile their junk up out on the verge in the vain hope someone will take it away.

Now getting to the statement I left up Surferdude, it still does not make any difference PPL still just dump their crap everywhere over here,over the years I have recorded and reported over a dozen PPL dumping household rubbish in the national forrest,it doesn't take  brain surgeon to work out someone from the metro area driving up the Brookton Hwy with a tariler load of rubbish what is going to happen to it.

These low lives absolutely shit me, out of the dozen I have reported, four times I have had to go testify and as far as I'm concerned their fine was still to low $10,000 for two cases, one of $50,000 and one of $75,000, the last two were found to be small company rubbish removalist,so they where paid to take someone elses rubbish away and then dumped it in our water catchment area, I would witness a lease once a week someone dumping rubbish in the water catchment area, some I can catch and report others I just can't be bothered any more as being a private person,doing the reporting it is always a he said she said situation,  I made a few suggestions to EPA and waterboard how they could battle it,but they have so few staff and such a big area and job to do when it comes to illegal dumping,if it where me I would be tattooing Illegal dumper on their foreheads,before letting them back loose in public again.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
The cyclist is an idiot.  I used to ride a push bike to work in Melbourne and hated the occasional cyclist that ran the red light, or didn't follow the road rules.  It gave the majority of us a bad name.  As a cyclist I knew that I was the most exposed, a car would always win in a collision with me.  It didn't matter if I was in the right or wrong, I'd end up worse off.  I was hit by a courier van (I actually hit it in the side) as it pulled out in front of me while I was on a bike path.  Bruised leg and bent bike for me, sweet FA for the van.

Unfortunately an idiot is an idiot, whether they ride a bike, drive a car, or dare I say it, fly helicopters.  Don't judge all by the actions of the minority.

PS.  Good work Hati, you saved this person's skin.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
 :whsaid:   absolutely.
An idiot is an idiot is an idiot.
If it wasn't for you being attentive he'd be whinging now about is broken leg and cracked head.   :rolleyes:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Somehow I don't think he learned his lesson but....
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I'll take all your pc boards chaps  :mrgreen:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
when i stop at a red light and it changes too green i always look left and right before taking off,twice in a week i went too take off at a green light and a truck ran the red light in the opposite direction.  :disapp: the first time i went to take off and only stopped because the car beside me hit the brakes, so i did the same thing,just as a big truck went through the intersection.  :scared: :faint:.  the second time was at the same intersection 2 days later but this time i was cautious when the lights changed green,and again a truck ran the red in the opposite direction,it only takes a few seconds too look before you take off.  :idea: it could save your life.
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Good advice. I always do it, was taught that way.
Just because you should have right of way doesn't mean you should expect it.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
well the tool on the push bike would be gone if a truck pulled out of the intersection,instead of an observant i30 driver.  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Good advice. I always do it, was taught that way.
Just because you should have right of way doesn't mean you should expect it.

Agreed, Dave.  There are plenty of people that were in the right located in the cemetery!!

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
driver error/lapse of concentration.  :disapp:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
there's plenty of idiots out there,not only cyclists,mind you I have lost count the amount of cyclists I see ignoring red lights,thinking they do not apply to them and not the average Joe like this bloke,I've seen groups,Yes Groups of so called professional cyclist doing this,bike couriers in the city are infamous for this game.
Again it is not just limited to cyclist, in WA this practice is writhe,I'm sure PPL are not taught what a yellow light signifies,it is prepare to stop, NOT stick your boot into the carpet you idiots,I can understand there are times when you are far to close to the lights when they turn yellow when you can not stop safely.

Again I reiterate,WA would have to have the worse drivers(I can't say in the world as I haven't driven all over the world)but here in Australia I could almost guarantee it,I was a driver training instructors in the army,did that for two years until I had two nervous break downs, even now all these years later I get nervous twitches sitting in the passenger seat.
The amount of driving instruction schools I see out on the road today,actually teaching extremely poor and incorrect road rules and driving practise's,some against the road rules they are supposed to be teaching,others not just bad driving practise's
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Remember all, an amber light means "Stop" in Australia, unless it is unsafe to do so.  This is what I was taught when learning to drive in the 80's, and is still in the Road Rules today. 

From the National Road Rules (Rule 57).

http://www.ntc.gov.au/filemedia/Reports/ARRFeb12.pdf

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Cyclists are really starting to bug me.
Not long ago, in our flat and level suburb which attracts large numbers of them training., I watched an elderly couple almost have to throw themselves backwards off a pedestrian crossing they were several steps into, when they realised a 40+ strong paleton was NOT GOING TO STOP OR DEVIATE.
My argument is that, even if the first few were too close to stop (which they weren't), the rest of the group should have. The fact that they didn't either because they were unsighted or couldn't give a shit, proves just how little regard they have for other people.
Almost every Friday, Saturday and Sunday in particular we get groups of them cycling past our back fence from first light (about 4.30 -5.00am at present) chattering and yelling to one another with no regard for or people who live there and maybe wanted to sleep just a little bit longer.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
thumb tacks.  :whistler:

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
I always look both directions when the light changes, seen too many run red lights. In this case I was looking right (I know the light sequences) just before the light changed for me, so I knew that to my right both lines stopped already, so I was looking left now to check the opposite side and moved off (since right has stopped) and just turned back to double check right when this idiot rode past the stopped cars and got in the front of me. He got a good earful of horn while I braked to not hit him
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
he's lucky he didn't get an earfull of your bonnet and windscreen.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal