i30 Owners Club

Replacing headunit but keeping reverse camera

Nader · 4 · 1412

Offline Nader

• 1st Gear

• NSW
Is this possible? Is there an adapter for this?

I have a 2012 i30 elite version which comes with the GD02 Nav headunit and want to replace it with a kenwood. It seems the only decent option I have is to buy a new reverse camera and drill it just above the license plate. Any thoughts or recommendations here?

• i30 MY2012 1.8i Elite

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
There should be no reason why the factory camera wouldn't work, it's simply reverse activated power and video feed, with the correct patch leads from Aerpro any car audio shop should have no problem in hooking it up.

Offline Nader

• 1st Gear

• NSW
In other words if I plug in my Kenwood DDX-9019DABS (headunit) into the APP9KE6 (patch lead) which plugs into the CHHY8C (steering control harness) and the car cables, I shouldn't need anything else?

I'm just referencing this thing here:
:link: Hyundai i30 2012-2016 GD, GD2 | Aerpro

The guy at autobarn was adamant that I will need to install another camera... and I don't think he ordered the APP9KE6. Just the CHHY8C (steering control harness) and APKWPL (kenwood patch lead). I think I need to call them on Monday and tell them to order it.

Thanks Craig
  • i30 MY2012 1.8i Elite

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Personally I wouldn't leave it up to Autobarn or Supercheap to decide what parts are required, they really wouldn't have a clue, get advice from an audio shop then you can purchase the parts wherever you like.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal