World Land Speed Record Contenders

AlanHo · 6 · 3012

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
This article has links to the sites for the cars currently being built to attack the ccurrent land speed record

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16657113

I find the Australian projects particularly interesting.

Significantly - there is no mention of chip tuning boxes or white go faster stripes on any of the vehicles.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
white go faster stripes

Did you ever go back and tell the young lad what you thought of his comment that by putting these on your car it would go faster    :whistler:
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
white go faster stripes

Did you ever go back and tell the young lad what you thought of his comment that by putting these on your car it would go faster    :whistler:

Of course I went back - I told him I don't like the appearance of stripes on cars - so he offered me some silver ones to match my silver car which would then be invisible. I am beginning to think he is having me on and thinks that I am gullible..... . Mind you - he can't be all that bright himself. I asked him if he sold boxes suitable for putting a chip in to improve engine performance. I explained that there are loads of people on motoring forums I frequent that use chip tuning boxes. He wants to try it on his souped up Astra which has stripes, a flame decal on the rear wing, lowered suspension, wheel arch mouldings, wheel spacers, chrome and black alloys, drain pipe exhausts, 500 watt speakers instead of a rear seat, a condom dispenser and his current girl friend's name alongside his on the windscreen. I wasn't sure, because people here did not answer my question, whether he puts a straight cut or a crinkle cut chip in the box so I told him a frozen straight cut oven chip as my best guess. I can't see how a crinkle cut chip would be any better.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
This article has links to the sites for the cars currently being built to attack the ccurrent land speed record

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16657113

I find the Australian projects particularly interesting.

Better them than me.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for the Link Alan..  :goodjob: What is so interesting about the Australian Projects? The NZ one is an impressive looking vehicle  :eek:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
imagine the cost.  :faint:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal