• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
:goodjob: at the moment the Aus $ is worth about 53p  :victory:
Was that plan for a full size version?
Even Bill Gates started with just a few bucks. :lol:
The design is what they call parametric, meaning you choose your own scale. For full scale, the buyer will need to slice the design into printer bed sized chunks, either glued, fastened or interlocked. I'll even do the redesign on request. :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
My original dry box design is alive! :yahoo:

I bought a 4 L round 'cake tin' airtight container from Cheap as Chips for $4. The sides are not vertical and they have ridges for the lid and locking lip so I couldn't just design the support base by subtracting a perfect cylinder, meaning I first designed a faithful model of the container itself.

Once done, I created a brick and subtracted the upturned bottom section of the container model from the brick, leaving a perfect support base.

I then designed rollers to snap fit onto commonly available skateboard bearings. They look remarkably like train wheels, with one flanged edge. I then designed the frame for the rollers and offset the height of one side of the frame to account for the slight incline in the 'cake tin' side.

Then I designed 45 degree offset spacers to slide snugly over nylon M8 threaded rod traversing the box wall (which I found in the butt stops of the shooting range on base - long story) after I had tapped its centre for a 2 mm hole. This hole accommodated about 60 cm of Teflon tube, which carries the 1.75 mm filament airlessly to the extruder waiting below.

Fair to say I'm mildly chuffed. :victory:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Absolutelyfuckingbrilliant ! !
Nice looking red filament.
So many variables to factor in . 
 :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Absolutelyfuckingbrilliant ! !
Nice looking red filament.
So many variables to factor in . 
 :goodjob2: :goodjob:
Thanks.

The filament easily reveals any enhancements I've made to the printer as well, along with some white bits from the few metres that came with the kit.

That red filament gets around! :winker:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Very clever, although I must say I'm not surprised.  :victory: :hatoff:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Well today was going to be Day 1 of 5 weeks in Tas.  :disapp:
Ah well,  roll on mid Feb 21   :Good_luck:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Well today was going to be Day 1 of 5 weeks in Tas.  :disapp:
Ah well,  roll on mid Feb 21   :Good_luck:

3rd time lucky hopefully.  Last year our bloody fires stopped you.  Then this year your fires settled down   in time, then this damn virus.  :crazy1:

Now we've all got to stay healthy not just from the virus but all our other various ailments!  :sweating:  :spitty:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
You're not wrong.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Thanks for organizing the snow at Cradle Mtn Dazz, but you forget to cancel it as we're not there.   :disapp: :disapp:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for organizing the snow at Cradle Mtn Dazz, but you forget to cancel it as we're not there.   :disapp: :disapp:

That ok mate it was snow trouble...  :winker:

Offline kittikat

• 6th Gear
  • Purrrrfect (AKA Radar...)

• au Australia
      Sunbury, Vic
Well it’s been a while, and a lot has happened.  I’ll see if I can make sense of it all, though I’m not going to use the good/bad scenarios because it’s mostly bad and I don’t want to depress myself any further.

I have been very busy at work, well that is until I retired.  I took leave from mid September and then when that ran out in mid January I took the plunge. See how exquisitely I manage to time things.  :whistler:

In August my husbands brother in law passed away. Anthonys sister passed a couple of years ago, so we had been looking after the husband (just checking on him, not full time care) since then. He died at home, alone and wasn’t found for a couple of days. It was quite a shock. He made my husband his executor, so we are now trying to sell his house.  We did a lot of renovations as they were both a little bit simple and had done nothing to the house for about 25 years.  It was a mess. We have had two cancelled contracts, and now are looking at falling house prices.  Did I mention how exquisite my timing is?

In January we sold our house (yes we were juggling two houses for a few months...it was very stressful) and after 5, yes count them, five weeks waiting for their finance to come through we moved out in early March. We are now hibernating in a rental. It’s not too bad, I just wish I could see my kids and my mum. Timing?

Speaking of my mum, my dad passed away in January. He had fallen and broken both his hips in the last year.  He was told he had to go into a nursing home, so he just gave up and let go.  He was 92 and mum was 94 in March.  She is coping ok, she just gets a bit teary every now and again.  As do I.  I haven’t been able to see her for some weeks now, but I talk to her on the phone. One of my sisters is doing her running around for her (she’s only 70  :D). Again, exquisitely timed.

Well, that’s my story. Sorry for channeling War and Peace, but a bit has happened.

On this, my 61st birthday I say thank you to you all for reading my tale of woe and I promise to try to be a better and more consistent  contributor to this website that has given me much pleasure over the last 10 or so years.  :DoubleKiss: :drinks:
  • Dark Knight Kona Highlander 1.6l turbo aka Connor

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Thanks for the update kittikat.
And all the best to you for the future.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Happy birthday, Kitti. Even your sadness has brightened my day seeing you make contact.
My heart goes out to you, and I (as I'm sure several others) would be all too willing to take a call or share an email any time you need it. :DoubleKiss:

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Happy birthday, sorry to hear about the many difficulties.  The only advice I can give you is:- don't bother buying a lotto ticket  :blubber: :blubber: :blubber:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Cecelia,   :hb02a

Hopefully things start looking up. You've had all your bad luck. Maybe a lotto ticket might be a good idea after all.

I am always pleased to hear from you, so stay in touch and with any luck your next post will be more positive.

Love and kisses,

Darryl and Trish x

Offline kittikat

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Sunbury, Vic
Happy birthday, sorry to hear about the many difficulties.  The only advice I can give you is:- don't bother buying a lotto ticket  :blubber: :blubber: :blubber:

Given my timing, the numbers would probably come up the week after I bought my ticket.   :Dunno:

:crazy2:

Offline kittikat

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Sunbury, Vic
Thanks Daz. I am hoping things look up.  :HuggsNKisses: :fingers:

We have to sell the other house, it’s not looking likely in this climate unfortunately. I keep reading how prices are going to drop for houses. That’s good for us to buy a new home, and shitty for us to sell this other.  There are five beneficiaries including my husband. We reno’d in the hope of getting the best we could for everyone. Probably not worth it in hindsight.

Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it. I will try my best to stay active on the forum, hopefully life won’t get anymore complicated.  :Good_luck:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Happy Birthday,
  :hb09a

At least you've still got a sense of humor.
If you don't laugh, you'll only cry.
Hang in there,    :fingers:

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Yeah, a sad series of unfortunate events. Sorry for your losses Cecelia.

Have the best birthday you can and hopefully we can chat more in the forum :)

• Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
All the best

Ps
Although alot is going on, hope you are enjoying your retirement.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Mindful of the need for connectedness in these trying times, I'm sharing for entertainment, amusement and sanity. This is what I'm reduced to doing in lockdown: shower hooks!  :crazy2:

Rescue me from this creativity void. Challenges, please! :crazy1:

« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 08:43:53 by The Gonz »

Offline josh1990

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
Welcomed a little girl on Tuesday 28th. Due to current environment I couldn't spend the time amount of time I would've liked in the hospital. Wife decided she wanted out a day earlier than with our son. Which was good because then I don't have to get blocked at the door for being 5 mins early. Think I'm going to be ask to resign from my second job due to the Kung flu. I'm not sure if I will be upset or grateful if that happens. Apologies for grammar, been a long night  :crazy2:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcomed a little girl on Tuesday 28th. Due to current environment I couldn't spend the time amount of time I would've liked in the hospital. Wife decided she wanted out a day earlier than with our son. Which was good because then I don't have to get blocked at the door for being 5 mins early. Think I'm going to be ask to resign from my second job due to the Kung flu. I'm not sure if I will be upset or grateful if that happens. Apologies for grammar, been a long night  :crazy2:
Congrats on baby

Not good re job tho'

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Congrats on the new arrival, Josh. In perspective, jobs come and go, but she's a keeper. :winker:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Mindful of the need for connectedness in these trying times, I'm sharing for entertainment, amusement and sanity. This is what I'm reduced to doing in lockdown: shower hooks!  :crazy2:

Rescue me from this creativity void. Challenges, please! :crazy1:
Will send you more work soon , but , don't think that it will be much of a challenge for YOU.  :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

A very mixed bag. Is it your 1st child. Congratulations either way. My eldest daughter had my first blood grandchild (a boy )on 28 March. Hopefully your main job is secure. I'm quietly confident that when things settle down an a vaccine become available there will be a flurry of activity which will help to recover a lot of jobs.  :fingers:

Offline josh1990

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
2nd child, had a little boy in 2018. Job is more sentimental than money, I like the work family there. 5 years there in July. As a casual, you have to be available for x shifts which allows flexibility but also means on the chopper when it comes to current climate. Main job is thankfully secure. Cheers

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Not bad or good but random.
Planted some veggies in the garden. Got attacked by white moths, eggs and grubs   :faint:.
Solution :

The fresh stuff is awesome.  :goodjob:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Nice work! You are making me feel guilty..  :-[

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Such talent and energy! :victory:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal