i30 Owners Club

Problem with gears after clutch replacement

mike_s · 4 · 1527

Offline mike_s

• 1st Gear

• pl Poland
      Poland
Hello,

I have Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDI 2015. I had an issue with vibrations around 1800 rpm so complete clutch was replaced. Also gearbox oil is new. After all this operations gears are crunching (especially third).
My mechanic has no idea what can be reason of this issue.
Any hints what it can be ?
  • Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDI 2015

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
Might be good if your mechanic checked the linkage as it had to be removed to get access to clutch plate. Does the clutch bite really low? Could it be that it does not fully disengage even pedal is pressed to the floor?

There are also few issues which can cause the clutch to not fully disengage. Play in the clutch pedal or worn out damper valve. Some models have plastic housing in the pedal which is connected to the rod that goes to the master cylinder. If it wears down it may cause clutch not to fully disengage even when the pedal is fully pressed. Faulty clutch damper valve causes same issues. It can be removed from the clutch fluid line and plug it with right size bolt. Driving without damper valve may cause some vibrations to clutch pedal, but easiest way to determine if damper valve is the issue. Some forum members have removed the damper and drive without it.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline mike_s

• 1st Gear

• pl Poland
      Poland
Clutch bites at half way which is fine I think. Gears crunching is quite random, sometimes it is 1, sometimes reverse, very often 3. Before replacement gears worked perfectly. I'll suggest him to check damper valve and linkage. Btw where this dumper valve is placed ?
  • Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDI 2015

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
Engine bay. Just follow the clutch fluid line. There should be plenty of pictures here on the forum. Try search.

But if the clutch disangages fully the damper or the pedal should not be the problem.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal