i30 Owners Club

Passenger door permanent locked...

Offline Narrung

• 1st Gear

• Victoria
All remaining other door locks ok..can hear Klink sound when remote operated and inside red lock tab tries to operate but not effective.
Bad situation as can't remove inner door trim,but am prepared to replace it..have purchased complete used door lock mechanism,but can't proceed..Help please
  • 2009 FD deisel

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
That's a tough one. It sounds like a weak actuator. Can you trace the loom back to somewhere under the dash? From there you can separate and touch the right contacts straight to the battery to get as much power into the actuator as you can, just to get it open. You may also benefit from disconnecting the others so all available power goes to just that actuator.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Aye30

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth
Just a couple of thoughts; the actuator is in the lock , the red lock tab is bowden cabled to the lock. Either the lock is seized up or the bowden cable to the red lock tab is seized up. The actuator may be fine and cannot overcome the friction of either the lock or cable. If it was just a weak actuator, the tab may still operate normally. Try pushing the tab and getting the unlock button pressed at the same time. We had a weak battery and the rear door wouldn't unlock, it would only go about half way. I lubed the cable and it allowed it to fully unlock, then a week later the battery wouldn't start the car.  I was fully expecting to have to replace the lock also, but it turned out the battery was failing.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal