i30 Owners Club

Spanish Language

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I'm about to go to Chile and the language is Spanish........ is there a way of learning the language in a short time ?

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
@The Gonz  might be able to offer some advice on that :goodjob2:

John you could go into lockdown with Gonz for a crash course :D

Offline Greyhound

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Just a note. If you plan to do a Spanish language course for Chile, try and find one geared to Latin American Spanish. Whilst not a big problem, there are differences between Spanish (Spain) and Spanish (Latin America). I visited Chile with a Spaniard on Business some years back and he was quite surprised and confused by the language differences.
  • i30 PD 2020 1.0 T-GDi

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
^ good point.

It's like me travelling north into Scotland and being met with “Whit dae ye cry thon yin?” then “Whit’s fur ye’ll no go by ye? Lang may yer lum reek” :snigger:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Did I mention I scored a translating sideline from the last Spanish winetasting I hosted?
One of the paying guests is a wine tour operator providing personalised tours for all sorts including overseas visitors.
I now have 3 dates on which I'll ride along and translate. There are tougher ways to earn a crust.

Neppy, start with FunEasyLearn, a free app that teaches you as gameplay. Anything more you want to know, pregunta!
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Greyhound

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
First thing to learn in any second language is "2 beers please. My friend will pay"  :drinks:
  • i30 PD 2020 1.0 T-GDi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal