i30 Owners Club

Hyundai i30 CW 2010 2.0L Dash display error!!

Offline gonkill

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
Hi guys, the instrument cluster on my car is just dead. Odo dropped to 0, speedo and temperature gauge are not working. Shift indicator stay at R. Driver door opening but it indicates passenger door.
The car and all the lights work well.
Is the problem from the ECU?

Any advice would be much appreciated!!
  • Hyundai i30 CW 2010 2.0L

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Is the car driving normally, transmission shifting? If so I'm thinking cluster fault.  You could check the 2 fuses ROOM LP 15A and Cluster 10A fuses although there must be some power going to it.  Remove the cluster and check the harnesses are connected
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
I assume the car is driving ok, so drive to a wrecker and buy another cluster.  fit it , easy DIY ....solved.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I assume the car is driving ok, so drive to a wrecker and buy another cluster.  fit it , easy DIY ....solved.

Easy for you to say Gary. I would say over they years I've done some pretty substantial DIY projects,  but not sure I would be confident enought to swap an instrument cluster!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

Easy for you to say Gary. I would say over they years I've done some pretty substantial DIY projects,  but not sure I would be confident enought to swap an instrument cluster!

Even as they hide from progress, I still have confidence that some of the human race will somehow survive.  :whistler:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :P
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal