i30 Owners Club

Help, numberplate light unit clip broken.

Offline jonhunta

• 1st Gear

• england England
      Surrey
Hi all

My 2010 I30 has a bit of a problem, i think the clips from one of the number plate lights have broken and it keeps falling out.

Anyone got any ideas on where to get a new one.

I've had a look at Euro Car Parts and they only sell the whole set up ( both lights and wiring ) costing around £50.

I'm assuming that the dealers would be around the same. I've had a look at eBay and can't really see too much.

Any ideas??
  • I30 2010

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Well, if you can't buy a new number plate housing at the Hy dealer, how about a wrecker..?
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Well, if you can't buy a new number plate housing at the Hy dealer, how about a wrecker..?

My thoughts exactly. You may find all recent Hyundai housings are the same (you would think so) so hopefully you won't have to find your exact model in the wreckers yard.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Have you considered repair by adding material?
My history with old French car plastics taught me the value of creative use of Araldite and wire. :D
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
How about 18 pounds delivered free from Korea?  Do you get hit with import duties?

check this number but this is what is fitted to Aust production.

925012L000

I have to ask, is that the original front bumper?

• i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK

Yes, that's how the euro build MY2010 was updated incl the side panels you also can see on the picture...  :mrgreen:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

Yes, that's how the euro build MY2010 was updated incl the side panels you also can see on the picture...  :mrgreen:

Gee, So unfair. I believe Australia is the biggest market for i30 and we miss out.

I don't mind that look at all. Being the same as my 2008 Hatch in colour, very tasty. I'm not picking the side panel changes though?

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Away from home,my boy rings me to say the lamp has fallen out of the rear bumper(2 weeks ago)

Now i happened to replace that globe and i tried really hard to be careful knowing these are fragile with age.

So looks like it was in vain, ordered one from korea 20 June, arrived today. $31.50 AUD

Pretty sure someone has quoted over $100 locally.

Came complete but i just replaced the left unit, not worth the drama of harnesses and until the right one breaks it can also stay there.

Even the new one the plastic is really hard and not very flexible at all. They could have done better.

:goodjob:

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
Like tw2005 said, consider ordering it from korea. I wanted just the plastic lenses, but they were more expensive here than the whole light/door handle switch assembly from korea. Ended up getting it from korea. Took only the lenses and sold the rest of the assembly to a member of this forum.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal