i30 Owners Club

2020 i30N-Line Front Bumper Red Accent

jrgc65 · 4 · 2560

Offline jrgc65

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Gold Coast
Hello there,

Was wanting to ask about ideas for making the front bumper have a red accent. You can see in the image I've attached, the N-Line on the left has a chrome accent whereas the N on the right has a red accent. Ive bought some pinstripe tape in the red colour, do you guys think using that would work alright? I was thinking it would because if i screw it up or it doesn't look good, I can just tear it off. Thanks in advance!

• 2020 i30N-Line MY21, Turbocharged 1.6L, Petrol, Manual

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
I wouldn't do it as I think it would look naff*

If I were tempted (which I'm not) they are held in with two screws each from behind and about half a dozen clips and the red paint is Hyundai paint code NRR.

*naff, British slang: worthless, tacky, unfashionable

Offline jrgc65

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Gold Coast
Fair enough. Just tried to use the tape and I can see what you mean by it looking unfashionable. Took it straight off after i finished because I'd rather get it done properly, instead of it looking like a cheap job. I purely want the red there because the car is decked out with red accents (red seatbelts, red symbols, red edging around the air con vents), I can only assume that they didn't do the red bumper accent because it would look too much like the i30N thus removing some of the appeal of that car. I don't want to take it to a store and get it done because they'll charge a bit for something that can easily be done yourself, I was thinking of getting that red that you mentioned, putting tape around the outside of the accent part and just spraying it. Thoughts?
  • 2020 i30N-Line MY21, Turbocharged 1.6L, Petrol, Manual

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
I was thinking of getting that red that you mentioned, putting tape around the outside of the accent part and just spraying it. Thoughts?

Still naff 

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal