i30 Owners Club

Hello from Perth,WA

Offline Cass2013

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth,WA
Hi everyone.

I just purchased a 2013 Hyundai i30 Active. Not my first Hyundai but my first i30 and wow am I in love. I was in an a minor rear end accident and lost my trusted VZ commodore and honestly it was a blessing in disguise. I have been wanting a smaller car for a while and had always had my eye on a 2011-2015 accent but due to price and the fact I needed a car ASAP I came across this beauty. It's in such good condition. The only drawback was it has 187,500 kms on the odo and I was hesitant because of that but came with a full service history and the price was pretty good. All the other i30s of that year,variant etc around Perth are in the $11,000 to $13,000 price range (with far less kilometers though) and I paid almost half that.  I've just had it serviced and put new tyres on it and got a wheel alignment and my mechanic said the car is in great condition, So I am so relieved.

My plans for tweaks on the car are:
Tint (have that booked in for next week)
Interior LEDs
Dash cam
Fix the few stone chips and a patch of clear coat peel on the bonnet (its the length of the car key)
and the all important sound system.

I think I'll do it in stages due to cost. I plan on getting a new head unit (mine is faulty and the dealer i purchased it from is going to source another for me and install it)
Upgraded speakers and an amplifier and subwoofer.

As for anything else Im sure ill find plenty of little bits and pieces around the forum.

Ill attempt to post some pics of my new baby.

• 2013 Active GD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.8lt, Manual, Black

Offline ~ Angel ~

• 6th Gear
  • Personnel Manager

• nu Niue

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Car looks sensational Cassidy :goodjob:

Thanks for the pics & writeup :D
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Cass2013

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth,WA
Thanks everyone. I've fallen deep into a rabbit hole of car detailing on youtube and plan to give her a deep clean. Also just bought myself a Bissell wet/dry spot cleaner and plan on cleaning the seats and carpet. Can't wait for that   :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome and congrats on scoring such a bargain.

Glad you are more than happy with your i30.

If you haven't already, and it is not too late, i strongly suggest you pay the extra $100 or so for ceramic tint.  It makes an amazing difference to the temperature of the car. Ceramic tint greatly reduces the amount of heat penetrating through the glass.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
Thanks everyone. I've fallen deep into a rabbit hole of car detailing on youtube and plan to give her a deep clean. Also just bought myself a Bissell wet/dry spot cleaner and plan on cleaning the seats and carpet. Can't wait for that   :D

If you haven't yet seen this channel on YouTube, I seriously think it's a must if you plan on getting more into detailing the car yourself. :link: Car Craft Auto Detailing - YouTube

It's always a buzz when you get a new car.. Lots of excitement  :happydance: :happydance:    From the photo's, it looks like the previous owner has taken good care of her..  :)  :goodjob2:
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline Cass2013

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth,WA
:wttc:

Oh no, I already had the tint installed and didn't get ceramic :(  i'm so happy with it, It looks great. When she's washed Ill have to get some pictures up. Keeping a black car clean when you live on a dirt property with no garage is a killer though. I go outside every day and she just gets dirtier. Looks like Ill be adding some $$ to my weekly budget to keep her washed.

Offline Cass2013

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth,WA

If you haven't already, and it is not too late, i strongly suggest you pay the extra $100 or so for ceramic tint.  It makes an amazing difference to the temperature of the car. Ceramic tint greatly reduces the amount of heat penetrating through the glass.

Haha I quoted the wrong post but oh well. Newbie mistake.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Haha I quoted the wrong post but oh well. Newbie mistake.
It's all good. I've had 35 cars and only had the ceramic tint on the last 2. Well my Tucson was supposed to get ceramic tint as part of the deal but I suspect it didn't as there is definitely noticeable heat transfer through the glass, where there was virtually none with my last car a hybrid Camry. 
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal