i30 Owners Club

i30 PD LED Headlights Retrofit Confusion

Offline lewisjroberts

• 1st Gear

• United Kingdom
I don't know if anyone can help with this but I can't find a definitive answer on the forums.

I'm looking to retrofit my i30 PD with the OEM LED Headlights. Whilst the halogen ones have the indicator built-in, the LED ones make use of the DRLs.

From what I can find online, there only seems to be one part number for the DRLs, so would that mean the existing DRLs have the ability to flash amber?

Or are we talking about harness differences too?

I've already retrofitted the rear with OEM LED lights and that was a breeze, just plug and play.

However, the front ones have left me stumped. Found this vid online of a set plugged into a Halogen car, they seem to work fine but the indicators aren't shown, unfortunately.
  • i30 PD SE Nav

Offline shinr3x

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
Where did you find rear OEM LED lights? How much did they cost?
  • i30 2017 1.4 T-GDi DCT7

Offline lewisjroberts

• 1st Gear

• United Kingdom
From Synetiq, they were mistakenly listed as halogen ones so a full set only cost me £150.

They were in great condition too!

:link: Vehicle Parts, Breaking Vehicles at SYNETIQ
  • i30 PD SE Nav

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I'm thinking the LED headlights will likely use a different power supply as well as harness differences though I really don't know, is it possible to inspect one at a local wrecker/breakers yard to confirm :undecided:

Offline Majcip

• 2nd Gear

• sk Slovakia
      Slovensko (SK)
I hope somebody will make a walkthrough of it so I can later retrofit my own car. :D
  • i30 Fastback (MY 2018 - PDe), 1.4 T-GDI

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Auto dipping sensor system would also be required, a lot of stuff to change over I think.

Offline lewisjroberts

• 1st Gear

• United Kingdom
Hopefully, I can finally settle the issue now that I've attempted to do this myself, unfortunately with no luck.

There are in fact two types of DRL lights. 92207G4100 which only has White LEDs and 92207G4110 which has both White and Amber LEDs. You can easily tell which version you have simply by looking at them.

If you have a car with halogen bulbs, you will most likely have 92207G4100 (White LEDs Only).

After sourcing a correct set of DRLs (92207G4110) for a reasonable price, I began the installation.

I was able to install the LED Headlights no problem and all beams worked.

However, when I got to the DRLs there was a problem, my harness had only three wires were as the new set of DRLs required six wires.

This meant I could not proceed with the installation any further and had to revert back to the old halogens.

Therefore, it's not possible to do the retrofit without sorting a new engine harness that has six wires for each DRL.

• i30 PD SE Nav

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal