i30 Owners Club

Locking lights not working

Yakdoc · 6 · 9649

Offline Yakdoc

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
    • www.yakdoc.com
Hi all I have a 2009 i30 CW crdi diesel, when I bought it 2 weeks ago the indicators would flash when locking or unlocking the car, I removed the old round trailer plug and replaced it with a rectangular plug to suit my camper. In the process I blew the car indicator fuse, I've replaced it and the indicators now work however, they don't flash when unlocking or locking the car. Any ideas?
  • 2009 Hyundai i30 crdi CW 1.6

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
If you've done the right things with the wiring, I'd put it down to a BCM glitch. Try disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes and try again.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
Also check that all doors close properly. If door is open, or the computer thinks door is open, lights will not flash. I noticed fault rear door lock when I started to wonder why indicators did not flash when locking doors. One was left open...

But as Gonz said, better to reset BCM.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline Yakdoc

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
    • www.yakdoc.com
If you've done the right things with the wiring, I'd put it down to a BCM glitch. Try disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes and try again.
.   Thanx Gonz I'll try that  :)

Offline Yakdoc

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
    • www.yakdoc.com
Thankyou Sundiz

Offline Yakdoc

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
    • www.yakdoc.com
funny thing, the indicators work unless I try to put the hazard lights on, then they stop working until I turn hazard lights off. I suspect  hazard relay is the problem as it controls the locking lights as well. once I find it ill change it out and see if that fixes both issues

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal