i30 Owners Club

Heater stuck on full. No cold air at all.

Offline Needhelpwithcar

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
So a while back in winter my car heater got stuck on hot air only. It wasn't so bad being winter, but now it's summer time and it's to hot in my car now. So I need to fix it.

My car is a 2008 Hyundai I30 Premium Petrol 1.6L.

My dial in the car is set to low which should be 15oC. But it only blows hot air through all the time.
I've tried using the circulation button and still only hot air comes through.
I've tried the A/C but because there is no gas again only hot air comes through.
I've tried the AUTO button but still only hot air will come out.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it please?

Thank you.

Someone told me it might be a flap thing that is stuck on open only which is located somewhere behind the dash. Any help appreciated please.
  • I own a 2007 hyundai i30 premium

Offline Needhelpwithcar

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
I've taken all the left hand side of dash where the glovebox is to get to where I think the problem is.
Picture shown

This thing you can see on the pic is not working.

I've unplugged it for now and then forced the door closed  by moving it by hand so I now get cold air only and not any more warm air.

If I replace this part do you think it will work?

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Hard to say just yet. Is there anything visibly broken near the flap? Is the actuator driven electrically? If so, is there any problem with the correct signal getting to the actuator motor? Can the actuator be made to work by applying a voltage to the right pin manually to test its operation? Might it be a problem with the connection between the logic / controls and the actuator?

I'd resolve that before investing in a replacement, but if one is handy (e.g. from another car such as a 'wrecker' (AU) or 'breaker' (UK)) then it could be a quick way to find out.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Pnut

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Auckland
That is a common fault on some other cars i have had, the servo has a flap that controls the flow of air across the heater fins and either partially opens or cycles depending on the interior temperature compared to the set temperature. There is a little electric motor inside, on the other cars i have either replaced or have managed to pull it apart and find the gear has moved on the motor shaft and been able to move it back and get it working again.
  • 2011 FD 5 Door Petrol 1.6 Auto Red

Offline Needhelpwithcar

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Update: The part was taken out and we tested it. The motor had failed inside this. We bought a 2nd hand part for £20 off eBay and it all works now.

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
:goodjob: thanks for the feedback Needhelpwithcar :D
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal