i30 Owners Club

Removing panel to side of dashboard...

Offline Mister Paul

• 2nd Gear

• North Somerset
..you know, the one that the door closes on to. I want to run a dashcam cable from the a-pillar into the fuse box. Any tips of how to pull the panel off without breaking any tabs?

Thanks
  • i1.4 T-GDi SE Nav

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I need to remove that soon to start getting access to the steering column to replace the electric steering assist rubber. From what I scoured across the Internet, just one mention of pushing it out from within.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
I put the connector, fuse and 5V trans former inside the fuse box. Then I routed the cable under the dash to inside the door seal. It comes out after the edge of the a pillar cover. There I snug it over the a pillar under the headliner, where it goes to the rear view mirror. With this method there was no need to remove any panels. Also the cable should not affect A pillar air bag if it is deployed. Only negative is that small part of the cable is visible on the headliner over the a pillar.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Mine is invisible too. It runs straight up into the centre windscreen liner from the cam tucked up in front of the mirror and steals power from the wiring in the overhead console, so no wiring down a pillar or into the fusebox.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal