i30 Owners Club

I30 diesel juttering/ stuttering on motorway

Offline I30IRLPB

• 1st Gear

• ie Ireland, Republic of
      Co. Louth
Hey guys

So I bought a 2017 I30 last Sept. Noticed an issue with it jerking or stuttering while driving on a motorway at 2000rpm at 120kmph. Still under the 5 year warranty. As I bought it in the pandemic they first said it wasn't driving enough and probably the dpf filter. Roll one to this year where eventually they took my seriously and replaced the egr valve under warranty. The gsrrage said they were 90% sure it would solve it. Have it back a week now where its driven every day for at least 70km distance and it happens all the time.  They also said if it didn't work that wil have to live with it untill it develops a fault.

When they checked on the computer for faults originally,  the computer wasn't giving any faults.

Has anyone had this issue resolved?

Thanks
  • I30 2013 Dynamic 5 dr

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
If you can when it happens go straight to the dealers.

Don't turn engine off and get them to plug in to check for faults.

If you turn engine off it can erase codes.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline I30IRLPB

• 1st Gear

• ie Ireland, Republic of
      Co. Louth
oh, they have confirmed that the jerking is happening. it's just strange that he said if it happens when the EGR valve has been changed. there's not much they can do until a fault develops. At this stage id rather hand the car back. it's so frustrating when driving and it happens.
  • I30 2013 Dynamic 5 dr

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal