i30 GD Panoramic Sunroof Maintenance

Offline VaerO

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Wagga Wagga, NSW

• WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
    • TUMBLR
Hey all, long time no see,

After having my 'Premium' MY2014 i30 for almost 6 years with little to no trouble I think it's time that the sunroof gets a little love. Just curious if anyone has had any experience in terms of maintenance for the Pano roof? The manual that came with my car makes no mention of the required actions to maintain the roof, and I have to admit in the 6 years I've had the car I've haven't done anything in terms of "maintenance". The closest I've came to performing any kind of maintenance is vaccuming the retractable cloth of inserts, and blasting the exterior glass 'rails (slots)' with the hose everytime I wash it.

The main issue I can see with the roof is that the grease/lub lines the rails of the roof is becoming very dirty and grimy. These components of the roof are very intricate and look to require spealised tools or complete dismantle of the roof to access all areas.

Has anyone taken the i30 to the dealership about roof maintenance/dismantle? If so what sort of price could I be looking at for a compete clean and re-lub?

Cheers

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal