i30 Owners Club

Front passenger window issues Hyundai i30 1.6 Diesel 2013

Offline Stubblemonster

• 1st Gear

• Sussex
Hi,

I'm having an issue with the window. Sometimes the window won't work at all from their door or the driver controls. Often it'll go down and not up again, sometimes leaving it for a while will see it controllable again. Anyway, it finally stopped working today fully down whilst in a public carpark hundreds of miles from home. I had the door panel off but cannot understand the wiring based on the multi control and isolation switch on drivers door. With a combination of flat headed screwdriver, a small pair of scissors and a pair of jump leads I was able to connect the battery directly to the winder motor and that worked just fine. I'm home now but need to understand the wiring so I can start to trace the problem which is obviously not the motor itself. I saw a couple of wiring diagrams on here but the colours were all wrong. Does anyone know where I can begin?

*Update - I have the passenger door switch off and continuity / resistance is just fine both ways on the switch. I'm thinking this could be an issue with the isolation circuit rather than the main power? I'm going to test voltage tomorrow.

Thanks

Graham
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 23:00:07 by Stubblemonster »
  • 2013 i30 1.6 Diesel

Offline Stubblemonster

• 1st Gear

• Sussex
Seems I can't update my original post now so this is what I have found:

I get 12.3v to the motor connector when the switch pushed down and -12.3v when pulled back up. I checked resistance and there's nothing to report there, continuity shows all OK. I made up a couple of cables to swap orange and yellow cables and doing the same thing again on the window winds up just fine but won't go down.

I don't really understand at this point. Anyone with an automotive brain know what this is? Failing motor?

Thanks

Graham
  • 2013 i30 1.6 Diesel

Offline Stubblemonster

• 1st Gear

• Sussex
I have just had a thought... Since I know the motor is sound, I know the switches work and there's no resistance there. Is it possible the issue is with the safety circuit? I don't know what form this takes but there's a device that stops the window going up if it detects something in the way. Could that think there's an issue and so refuse to go up? In that case, does anyone know where the device is that controls the safety aspect of the window?
  • 2013 i30 1.6 Diesel

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal