i30 Owners Club

Let's Register Your i30 Starting Problem ONLY Please :)

Offline vrace46

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
Hello guys,

I just found this forum last night. I notice i30 has experienced STARTING PROBLEM. Why don't we register the problem in 1 topic so we can see how many people have the same problem, and if the problem has been resolved and if resolved what is the solution. Let's not make it too long per post. I am curious to see now.

Feel free to register your car too even it does not have any problem. Just fill out the above km and on the fix section, just mention no problem occur.

==========
Car Year:
Model/ Series: (GD or PD. Even better if you can detail if it is PD1, PD2 or PD3. )
Grade: (Trophy or SR or N-Line or N or etc)
Auto or Manual:
When Purchased: (Month and Year)
KM when problem first occur:
What Fix so far provided by Dealer:
Which dealership: (State and Suburb)
Status of Problem: (Under Evaluation or Fixed)

==========
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 03:11:19 by vrace46 »
  • i30 N-Line Premium / SP25 GT BM BN / Swift Sport Turbo

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome vrace46

There are numerous threads on here about it and it does seem after way too long that the best fix is replacement Injectors despite Hyundai initially releasing a software fix that did little or nothing to address the problem.

Something like this would have been a good idea early in the peace, but it's probably shutting the door after the horse is bolted now a majority finally seem to be getting sorted.

Anyway, I'll joint the party and see what happens. Out of interest have you ahd the warm start issue with your N-Line? I was hoping that no more would show up at this late stage!  :undecided:

Car Year: May 2017 Build
Model/ Series: (GD or PD. Even better if you can detail if it is PD1, PD2 or PD3. ) PD1
Grade: (Trophy or SR or N-Line or N or etc) SR (For the record Trophy shouldn't be affected - don't think they were released with 1.6 Turbo?)
Auto or Manual: DCT
When Purchased: (Month and Year) JUN 2017
KM when problem first occur: N/A (no problems with warm start)
What Fix so far provided by Dealer: N/A
Which dealership: (State and Suburb) N/A
Status of Problem: (Under Evaluation or Fixed) N/A
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline vrace46

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
Thanks Dazzler. Planning to buy those 3 cars on my footnote....or even an N if I am not dreaming too much :)

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi vrace46 and welcome aboard  :i30:

Do you have this starting issue?

Why don't we register the problem in 1 topic so we can see how many people have the same problem

When the issue first arose, this was the case. However, as time progressed we decided it would be easier to point dealerships (and Hyundai) at 8-10 separate topics rather than at several points within a single topic. It also means that Google/Bing can index and present more threads during a search.

Thanks for considering the options though :goodjob:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Welcome vrace46

...I'll joint the party and see what happens...

Model/ Series: (GD or PD. Even better if you can detail if it is PD1, PD2 or PD3).  PD1

@ Dazzler.  Where do you find the PD#.  My papers just show "PD", so does that mean "PD1"?
  • 2018 i30 PD SR Auto 1.6 Turbo Hatch (Sparkling Metal)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome vrace46

...I'll joint the party and see what happens...

Model/ Series: (GD or PD. Even better if you can detail if it is PD1, PD2 or PD3).  PD1

@ Dazzler.  Where do you find the PD#.  My papers just show "PD", so does that mean "PD1"?

I think the easiest way to tell a PD2 is if it has the infinity Audio upgrade. No mention of infinity anywhere in the PD1 version. I think rego and paperwork would say PD2 if it was.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline vrace46

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
Hello Terry,

Most likely yours is PD2. Don't worry too much about it. Just submit what is your current status is....so we know. Thanks Terry.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal