i30 Owners Club

My Dead Spot

Offline idertig

• 1st Gear

• be Belgium
      Belgium
Hey guys my 2.0L since first service when i noticed it has a dead spot about 3500rpm in 2nd to 4th gear. in any of those gears the tacho will drop slightly, bounce then rev back up. Whilst loosing power. it is really pissing me off and hyundai at the last service said they found the problem and fixed but it is still there and is getting more consitant. Has any one else found this problem? Or suggest what it is. I think it might need and ECU remap or maybe i have a faulty sensor, like and ehaust flow or intake cfm.

I don't quite know if my issue is identical (not technically knowledgeable like many of you) but I'll ask anyway. I drive an 1.4 petrol since a month and a half now. I have just reached 1000 KM an it often feels as if the motor is "changing gear" without any specific loss or gain of power. I guess you could describe it as a hiccup too. As I previously drove diesels, I do not know if this is perhaps a normal thing with the CVVT (changing phase?). It can happen at any amount of revs. I just mailed the dealer as well.

Thanks for your insight.
And oh yes, the car in general meets and even surpasses my expectations.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi intertig,

It appears that each different motor (size and type) has its own characteristics. Not a lot of our members have the 1.4 petrol but hopefully some that do will see this and give you some feedback. (The 1.4 for example is not sold in Australia)  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline idertig

• 1st Gear

• be Belgium
      Belgium
After some google-ing on the net and contact with the dealer it turns out to be a normal phenomenon: the slight felling of change to the motor's power is due to the airco switching on or off (due to accelerating, the desired temperature reached, ...). Nothing to worry about. This means the car is still what she ought to be: flawless.
Just wanted to keep you posted.

Bye
Idertig

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Thanks for the update Idertig :)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
It is good you are happy now  :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline G14Classified101

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Gosford
Hey sorry guys ive been hibernating! Um yeah thats what hyundai told me too. It might be sometimes but the others i believe the ECU is getting a lean reading from the O2 sensor, so it compensated running rich for a few millisecs then returns to normal.

Offline idertig

• 1st Gear

• be Belgium
      Belgium
Thanks for the comment G14Classified101, but what does this exactly mean? Sounds harmless, I suppose? (I'm a lawyer, not a technician :eek:)

Idertig

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal