i30 Owners Club

i30 gets stuck in third

Offline caronell

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Alberton, SA
On 4 occasions over the past month, while driving normally, I've heard a very loud "clunk" and the auto trans in my car drops into third and stays there.  On the 3rd occasion - a fault light appeared on the dashboard. Once I cut the engine and then restart it goes away and drives normally until the next time (which happened again tonight).  A week ago I took it to dealer, they did diagnostics and replaced a solenoid.  Fault codes logged were P0743 and P0760 - they checked valves and connections and it appeared to be ok - until a week and a half later (tonight) when it's happened again. I see in OS forums the odd mention of this - dealer says if the problem doesn't happen when they test drive it, they cant fix it - but it's so intermittent that we can't MAKE it happen..  Any ideas?
  • i30

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Would it be possible to drive to the dealers when it happens so they can actually see the fault in action
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
Im assuming you have an FD i30.

There is plenty evidence on this forum that these autos do have a common issue.

I'd suggest pushing the dealer to have the transmission sorted while you have the warranty.

If the dealer your dealing with is no help, try another and dont take no for an answer.

If I remember right the value body is apart of the issue. Sorry im not more specify (manual driver here).
  • 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal