i30 Owners Club

Problem I30 gd2 2014 SE sluggish

bensintic · 37 · 10647

Offline bensintic

• 2nd Gear
My hyundai i 30 is sluggish and hyundai  say that normal after 7000km ot happem now its done 13700km tney scan the ecu and computer and nothing is wrong i bought a k and n air filter for the car and its drives the same i put 98 fuel[/IMG]
  • i30 gd2 petrol

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcum:

Is your car an auto or a manual? This is a world wide forum and there are different size engines in different countries. Fortunately being an Administrator I can see you are in Australia and assume your SE is a 1.8 Petrol.

I would request that they let you drive an equivalent car (demo) as a comparison. If that feels a lot zippier then insist they do something. If no response to that complain to Hyundai Australia.

The i.8 (even in Auto) Isn't a racing car, but not normally sluggish either!

Nice looking car (like that colour!)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi bensintic

:wttc:

You say it's sluggish.  What is that in your World..?
Do you drive most in city, main roads or on motorways, long or short trips and at what speed.  ...and as Dazzler said, please some more info about engine and transmission.  :D

:whsaid:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline potnodleman

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      North West
are the tyres at the correct pressure?..cus that will make any car feel sluggish, if they are underinflated
  • silver i30 classic 1.6 CRDi 110PS Diesel Blue Drive Manual

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
My hyundai i 30 is sluggish and hyundai  say that normal after 7000km ot happem now its done 13700km tney scan the ecu and computer and nothing is wrong i bought a k and n air filter for the car and its drives the same i put 98 fuel[/IMG]
Nice car you have there mate and what size are those alloy plz?
  • I30 active 1.4 petrol 2013

Offline Dodgetracker

• 2nd Gear

• ae United Arab Emirates
      Abu Dhabi
I have the same I think and they are 17".
  • 2016 i30 1.8 Petrol 6 speed auto

Offline Dodgetracker

• 2nd Gear

• ae United Arab Emirates
      Abu Dhabi
Here's a shot of the day it came home.
  • 2016 i30 1.8 Petrol 6 speed auto

Offline omegaspeedy

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Pukekohe
My dealer told me that our cars have a learning ECU based on driving habits. You can reset the ECU by disconnecting the negative terminal on the battery, press the brake in to de-power the circuit, wait a minute or two and re-connect it. You'll have to re-set the clock.

See how that goes. I bet it won't be sluggish after that! If you drive it softly too much, the ECU will re-learn your driving habits. If you want the car to be zippy or perky, you have to drive it that way.
  • 2016 i30 Elite Limited 2.0L Auto Phantom Black Pearl

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I used to have those rims, they came factory standard on mine and are 16"s

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Ah ok nice rims and have you driven on a 15's rims ? Was just going to ask you how would you capare both of them on that car plz
  • I30 active 1.4 petrol 2013

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Ah ok nice rims and have you driven on a 15's rims ? Was just going to ask you how would you capare both of them on that car plz
No I haven't tried with 15's, do they even come with 15's and why would you want them :undecided: I have 18's

If you want to further discuss wheels please start a new topic in the wheels/tyres board.

Offline omegaspeedy

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Pukekohe
Any luck with the big blue snail?

Offline bensintic

• 2nd Gear

Offline bensintic

• 2nd Gear

Is your car an auto or a manual? This is a world wide forum and there are different size engines in different countries. Fortunately being an Administrator I can see you are in Australia and assume your SE is a 1.8 Petrol.

I would request that they let you drive an equivalent car (demo) as a comparison. If that feels a lot zippier then insist they do something. If no response to that complain to Hyundai Australia.

Auto
  • i30 gd2 petrol

Offline bensintic

• 2nd Gear

Thanks
  • i30 gd2 petrol

Offline bensintic

• 2nd Gear
Hi bensintic

:wttc:

You say it's sluggish.  What is that in your World..?
Do you drive most in city, main roads or on motorways, long or short trips and at what speed.  ...and as Dazzler said, please some more info about engine and transmission.  :D

:whsaid:
Main roads
  • i30 gd2 petrol

Offline bensintic

• 2nd Gear
are the tyres at the correct pressure?..cus that will make any car feel sluggish, if they are underinflated
Yes
  • i30 gd2 petrol

Offline bensintic

• 2nd Gear
  • i30 gd2 petrol

Offline bensintic

• 2nd Gear
My dealer told me that our cars have a learning ECU based on driving habits. You can reset the ECU by disconnecting the negative terminal on the battery, press the brake in to de-power the circuit, wait a minute or two and re-connect it. You'll have to re-set the clock.

See how that goes. I bet it won't be sluggish after that! If you drive it softly too much, the ECU will re-learn your driving habits. If you want the car to be zippy or perky, you have to drive it that way.
I did that still the same after the oil change my car drove the best after 3 days and back the same
  • i30 gd2 petrol

Offline bensintic

• 2nd Gear
I used to have those rims, they came factory standard on mine and are 16"s
Yep
  • i30 gd2 petrol

Offline bensintic

• 2nd Gear
Tomorrow
  • i30 gd2 petrol

Offline omegaspeedy

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Pukekohe
Bummer man!

What oil are you using?
Have you tried injector cleaner as per the user manual recommendation?
Have the spark plugs been inspected for carbon deposits etc? (may be a new set of high quality plugs)
Do you try to drive it a hard or have you tried to drive it hard?

One thread I saw somewhere was a de-coke method of driving it at 4000rpm for 20mins. This gets valves hot enough to burn coke.

Have you installed an oil catch can yet? This allows the cylinders to actually see the 98 octane as the PCV system dilutes the recharges with oily damp hot air.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I have i30 gd2 2014 auto petrol when i bought it new it drove the best very zippy 7000km after it was sluggish i got my car service at 11k and it drove the best like new car 3 day and back to being sluggish hyundai cant find nothing at all

Like I suggested in the other thread, best thing to do is go back to Hyundai and ask them if you can drive an equivalent model back to back with yours as a comparison (try and get them to drive both as well) Or, maybe there is a Member that lives nearby that can try your car and see how it compares with theirs?

Everyone has different expectations.  :undecided:

Offline bensintic

• 2nd Gear
I have i30 gd2 2014 auto petrol when i bought it new it drove the best very zippy 7000km after it was sluggish i got my car service at 11k and it drove the best like new car 3 day and back to being sluggish hyundai cant find nothing at all

Like I suggested in the other thread, best thing to do is go back to Hyundai and ask them if you can drive an equivalent model back to back with yours as a comparison (try and get them to drive both as well) Or, maybe there is a Member that lives nearby that can try your car and see how it compares with theirs?

Everyone has different expectations.  :undecided:
I did that the other car drove good but they say cant find a falt
  • i30 gd2 petrol

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Very frustrating for you :-(

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Duplicate threads merged.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I would suggest a compression test be done. Engines will run with low compression but won't have much power. If yours is within spec, then either a grabbing brake or your expectations need to be lowered a little.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 22:35:46 by Phil №❶ »
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
What is the bhp/ps of your engine?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal