i30 Owners Club

2008 FD Cruise Control issue - Keeps speeding up.

Offline Roubsan

• 1st Gear

• nl Netherlands
      Nederland
Hi guys. I'm having an issue with my cruise control. When engaged it keeps speeding up. For example when I set it to 100 kph it slightly accelerates to 105, 110 and so on. Even my cruise and set lights do not light up on my dashboard. I do have a little LED above my light adjuster switch on the left side of the dash (it's a LHD). This LED turns on green when the system is on and turn orange when a speed is set. It's really annoying I can't use the cruise control properly...
  • 2008, FD, CW, petrol 1.6l, Grey, StyleVersion

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I wish I could help but I cannot be certain you have the same CC system as the Australian type and I have never heard of such a problem. :Dunno:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I wish I could help but I cannot be certain you have the same CC system as the Australian type and I have never heard of such a problem. :Dunno:

I no longer have this model either. As Gonz states, not a common issue. The only issue commonly reported on here with the Series 1 cruise is failure to set which is normally associated with a faulty brake light switch (a warranty repair on some FD's) This fault would be extremely unlikely to cause your issue.  :cool:

Fingers crossed some other member who has had your issue and cured it, sees this post. I'll amend your thread title to enhance the chances of a response.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline RuudH

• 2nd Gear

• nl Netherlands
      Bunschoten
Hi Roubsan,
Do you have a John Gold aftermarket cruise control [AP500]?
  • 2009 i30 CW Automatic gear

Offline Roubsan

• 1st Gear

• nl Netherlands
      Nederland
It is a John Gold system yes.
  • 2008, FD, CW, petrol 1.6l, Grey, StyleVersion

Offline RuudH

• 2nd Gear

• nl Netherlands
      Bunschoten

Offline need4speed

• 1st Gear

• de Germany
Hello,

if the cruise control in a hyundai i30 is not working, it most likely means a faulty brake switch or speed sensor issue. You should let that check.

Martin
  • i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal