i30 Owners Club

2012 i30 poor running

bluest · 6 · 11504

Offline bluest

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth
Hi

I have 2012 Trophy 2.0 litre petrol auto sedan with around 94,000 kms on the clock. I use standard unleaded octane fuel. Vehicle is fitted with cruise control (cc) and air conditioning (for hot Australian summers). The vehicle has been regularly serviced by myself (including new oil air filters and spark plugs) and has been returned to the hyundai dealer ship several times to receive software updates and satisfy recalls. Recently installed factory timing belt and pullies.

It's starting to annoy me now and I don't want to cause any ongoing issues, so for quiet some time, I've noticed that the vehicle seems to, well "hunt" is probably the best word to describe it.

For example, when driving down a freeway, with feathering or light pressure on the accelerator pedal, I can feel the car lurching slightly, as if its starving of fuel. In cc mode it seems to be fine.

I've replaced the 3 ribbed o'ring/seal that fits onto the air intake pipes, thinking it might be drawing in to much air. If I plant my foot on accelerator, it kicks down a gear and takes off.

Can anyone advise what this mysterious problem is. TIA :)

Hylton
  • i30 petrol

Offline bluest

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Have you considered fuel quality?
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Being an auto, I wondered about the possibility of a transmission issue mimicking a possible minor engine misfire, but the fact it's ok with cc set kind of debunks that idea and also the fuel quality suggestion to some extent.

It may still be worth using a good quality fuel injector additive and or running a couple of tanks of 98 through just to see if it makes any difference.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline slick

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
yeah I'd also try 98 octane fuel and load it up with fuel treatments next couple of times you fill up

Very cheap first step to work out if it's a fuel issue
  • 2012 i30 CRDi Active Hatch (GD) + 2015 i30 CRDi Elite Tourer (GD)

Offline atillanz

• 1st Gear

• nz New Zealand
      NZ
HI,
I used to sell F-10 fuel injector cleaner when I lived in Perth. Can get it from Covs or maybe Amcap as well. It always worked well and I sold plenty of it. It also removes any water in the system too.
  • I-30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal