i30 Owners Club

Ventilation - Too Hot

Offline i30premy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      NW Sydney Aust
Got a recent issue with our vents, recently when out driving on a mild autumn day (23-27' outside temp) so no need for car heating/a/c & car digital duel temp set to 22 left & 25 right.

So park car to go visit relos/lunch/shopping but on return & driving off, am finding that the air coming through vents is extremely warm - 30'+ (I'm guessing that somehow the valve controlling the engine cooling/cabin heating  has opened slightly allowing hot water into cabin heating coil??)

I guess having digital duet temp option, there will be a controller that controls the water valve into cabin heating

Any members have any suggestions on where to start looking/fault finding to find a fix?  :crazy1:
  • i30 GD Premium Petrol Auto 2012 ~ Clean Blue

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
Do modern cars still have valves controlling the flow of hot water into a heater coil? I thought these days the cabin heating is done by flaps directing the flow of air over the heating or cooling coils. I you don't want heating the air is just diverted away from the heating coil, but the coil still has hot water going through it
  • i30 CRD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal