i30 Owners Club

Hyundai i30 SR Clunky after start

Offline Emicallef

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Victoria
Hi, I have a Hyundai i30 SR 2018 PD2 with a DCT, at 40,000kms. It starts perfectly fine but when I go to accelerate it's clunky and I don't know if this is a common occurrence or something wrong, it feels like it's not getting into gear...
I have my car in a garage and after its starts, I reverse out onto the street and it's perfect no problems but when I switch to drive and accelerate even just a little it jumps forward and is just really clunky, I find that if I let the revs come down before reversing it does a better job but still a little trouble, everything else is perfect and no problems besides that first accelerate after the start.
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and if so how you resolved it

Thank you
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Turbo Petrol 1.6lt, DCT, White

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
I have a Hyundai i30 SR 2018 PD2 with a DCT, at 40,000kms.
It starts perfectly fine but when I go to accelerate it's clunky...
[when I] accelerate even just a little it jumps forward and is just really clunky...
everything else is perfect and no problems besides that first accelerate after the start.

That sounds annoying.  I don't have that problem with my 2018 SR (turbo), but then I only have a scant 7,500 kms on the clock.

Unfortunately, I don't have the technical knowledge to suggest anything but we have some cluey tech guys on this forum.

How long has the car done this (40,000kms)?  If recently, have you had any work done to the car?

So, each time, every time you start the car, it initially jumps when first accelerating away?  And after that first jump ,the car settles down and accelerates normally from stationary?   Yes?
  • 2018 i30 PD SR Auto 1.6 Turbo Hatch (Sparkling Metal)

Offline Emicallef

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Victoria
Hey, TerryT thanks for replying.

I bought the car second hand at 36,000kms and was working fine didn't have any problems, I got it serviced at Hyundai a few months after and a few weeks after the service I started having this problem, it doesn't seem to be affecting anything that I know of. I haven't had any modifications besides instaling vinyl on the roof but nothing to do with the engine has been done.

I haven't gone to Hyundai because it does as you said, after that first jump, settles down and accelerates normally from stationary, perfectly fine at any other time

It does it on cold starts, on warm starts it's fine.
I live in Melbourne and its garaged so the car doesn't get that cold
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Turbo Petrol 1.6lt, DCT, White

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal