i30 Owners Club

Hyundai i30 GD II floor deflector panel hits the ground quite easily

Offline Frogsnan

• 1st Gear

• hu Hungary
Hi guys, I have noticed a part of my floor panel which laying down in a high angle to the ground (regarding to my google knowledge this named as deflector in part catalogs but it's not sure). This part always touching the concrete or anything when the ground is not so straight especially when I'm reversing down to my garage and the straight goes to an incline quite rapidly.

It is annoying because I always got scared by hearing that scratching noise (no other cars do this here and when I'm driving my wife's one never experiences this) by the way I do not think this good to my i30. Tomorrow I will try to take a photo of my car but now I am attaching a screenshot about the component mentioned. Have you ever eperienced something like this? :scared:

• Hyundai i30 GD 2014 1.4 gasoline Go!Brasil

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I look forward to the photos. I think they will help understand what is wrong. :goodjob2:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline StokeyBry

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Stoke on Trent United kingdom
I have experienced this reversing onto a drive which has a decline and because of the camber of the road and the incline of the pavement to the drive it catches possibly the parts you mention when the rear wheels are declining and the front wheels are somewhere in between the path and the road.
I always thought it was because the i30 has a low riding height compared to a lot of other similar cars as my parents car a ford mondeo never had this issue
For example reversing from A to B of the drawing
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 14:16:54 by StokeyBry »
  • I30 2013 GD 5 Door Hatchback Petrol 1.4 Manual Active

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The black plastic lip that runs along the bottom width of the front bumper is quite common to scraping if dropping off higher curbing and driveways, I've done it myself several times :)

When I hear the scraping it gives me some indication/warning that I'm close to scraping the bumper itself and to go slow or change the reversing angle if need be.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 16:28:56 by CraigB »

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal