i30 Owners Club

Location of rear washer nozzle?

Abtg · 4 · 1596

Offline Abtg

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
I’m not getting any washer fluid out of the rear washer. The reservoir is full. I see that there are various fixes for this but I can’t check if the nozzle is blocked etc because I can’t actually find it! Can anyone help with this and where the line from the reservoir is?

Many thanks
  • Hyundai i30

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
I’m not getting any washer fluid out of the rear washer. The reservoir is full. I see that there are various fixes for this but I can’t check if the nozzle is blocked etc because I can’t actually find it! Can anyone help with this and where the line from the reservoir is?

Many thanks
The nozzle is located on the spoiler's brake light.

• Hyundai i30 2012

Offline Abtg

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
I had this problem on a 2011 model. If you pull down the roof headlining in the centre, the hose from the washer pump is connected to a shorter length of tube that connects to the washer nozzle in the high level brake light. The coupler is a white fitting about 40mm long and sits in a clip. If you pull off the hose from the washer pump, at the coupler, and try the rear washer, you should get fluid squirting out of it. It's easier to get someone to hold the hose and direct it into a bottle. If it squirts out ok, you know there's not a problem with the pump or hose. The coupler contains what looks like a spring-loaded non return valve. I removed the coupler and pulled out all the bits inside so I was just left with the outer plastic tube. I reconnected the pipes, tried the washer, and it worked. I can only think the non-return valve was kaput and blocking the fluid flow to the nozzle.

Take care when pulling the headlining clips out, try not to bruise the squashy headlining.
  • i30 CRD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal