i30 Owners Club

New 2015 Grille

CraigB · 115 · 46419

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
You should see his undies.  :lol:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
I think I prefer the old grill.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
I just liked the silver/black look you had going. I would have painted the old grill to match your rims.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The grill is still black, just with alloy highlight strips all the way down instead of two chrome strips at the top :)

I've already had a few people ask what it is, no one asked before :D

Offline Johnno

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bolton, Lancashire
 it suits Craig's car, silver or white car with black rims and that grill makes it look sporty, pity you have to plonk a reg plate on it.
  • 2013 5D 1.6 CRDi Style Nav auto white

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
pity you have to plonk a reg plate on it.
The plate has been sitting on the dash for the last three weeks, I might just leave it there :winker:

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Can't wait. If it's as good as i hope it is, it'll be on my shopping list.  :goodjob:
You can buy both styles through sharkracing now as well as ordering them pre-painted for an extra $40US and free shipping :link: 2012-2015 i30-Elantra GT Factory Grill - Shark Racing

Do they consider Aus part of Asia? or do you have to ask them for shipping cost?
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Do they consider Aus part of Asia? or do you have to ask them for shipping cost?
Shark Racing ship to Aus for free, you can always ask them via their contact link first if you'd like but all the other products I've ordered from them included shipping :)

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
Can't wait to see the end result CraigB!
  • 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
In your recent absence you've missed the revealing  :P go back to page 2 here or my photos in the gallery :)

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
In your recent absence you've missed the revealing  :P go back to page 2 here or my photos in the gallery :)
Oh damn, ignore me I'm the slowpoke it seems...two months without internet and the whole world changes :rofl:

It looks great, as others have said it's a pity you have to spoil it by putting up a number plate :undecided:
  • 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
It looks great, as others have said it's a pity you have to spoil it by putting up a number plate :undecided:
Thanks, yeah the plate placement is something I'm pondering at the moment, trying to find something where I might be able to mount it on the nose cone below the grill "without drilling holes" not looking good though so I'll be stuck with it having to go smack in the middle of the grill unfortunately :Pout:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks, yeah the plate placement is something I'm pondering at the moment, trying to find something where I might be able to mount it on the nose cone below the grill "without drilling holes" not looking good though so I'll be stuck with it having to go smack in the middle of the grill unfortunately :Pout:

Would it cost much to get a slimline version of your current plate Craig?
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline maikulz

• 1st Gear

• nz New Zealand
I just picked up a MY16 ActiveX with the new grille. Personally I prefer the old SR front grille.

Though the new model comes with additional perks :)
I think you'll find your Active X grill is different to the version I have used, there are two types...one is premium and the other is for the base models Active and Active X.

Don't ever recall saying it was the same grille as yours sunshine. No need to act like a posh pommy here champ, it's just a Hyundai after all
  • GD3

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I just picked up a MY16 ActiveX with the new grille. Personally I prefer the old SR front grille.

Though the new model comes with additional perks :)
I think you'll find your Active X grill is different to the version I have used, there are two types...one is premium and the other is for the base models Active and Active X.

Don't ever recall saying it was the same grille as yours sunshine. No need to act like a posh pommy here champ, it's just a Hyundai after all
I'm not acting posh, you posted in my topic which is about the upmarket grill so I instinctively thought that you "thought" they were the same :winker:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Would it cost much to get a slimline version of your current plate Craig?
$247 I think the slim lines are Dazz, not sure if it's worth it or not...I'm still pondering :)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Just been down to Rocky Hyundai to finally pick up the license plate mount, doesn't look to bad I don't think as I put smaller black surrounds on the plate as well, some slim lines would be more appealing still but that can wait as the next step now is the exhaust :D

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I didn't realise you were were an efn 57 model, Craig.... :whistler:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I have to admit, it now look complete. Prior to the plate going on I thought it was a little "in yer face, posh pommy sunshine". But now... :goodjob:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Cant have that posh pommy look, I'd need a Range Rover :rofl:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Agreed.  Looks good.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Shark Racing ship to Aus for free, you can always ask them via their contact link first if you'd like but all the other products I've ordered from them included shipping :)

Thanks for that! I thought it probably would be - esp. as you seemed to have used them previously.

And the grill does look good!  :goodjob2:
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline Kerston

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast, QLD
My brother has returned bearing gifts :) I picked up the new grill from him as soon as they got home today then a quick sprint over to the paint shop to get the outer ring painted body colour ( sleek silver ) should have it back by Tuesday then need to organise having it fitted.

I think it'll be a huge improvement on the current grill

My 2015 came out with this grill :D
Yet to see another one on the Sunny Coast :P
  • 2016 Hyundai Tucson Highlander AWD

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
My brother has returned bearing gifts :) I picked up the new grill from him as soon as they got home today then a quick sprint over to the paint shop to get the outer ring painted body colour ( sleek silver ) should have it back by Tuesday then need to organise having it fitted.

Isn't your grill the one with the chrome strips that are only 3/4 length of the grill :undecided: there's two new styles...one for the Actives and one with the full length aluminium strips used on the Elite models which is the one I have.

Offline Kerston

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast, QLD

Isn't your grill the one with the chrome strips that are only 3/4 length of the grill :undecided: there's two new styles...one for the Actives and one with the full length aluminium strips used on the Elite models which is the one I have.

Yeah I think so, none of the dealers up here have any 2015 models on show they only had the old 2014 models (I didn't want them)...
I picked mine without even looking at it, didn't see it till I picked it up
  • 2016 Hyundai Tucson Highlander AWD

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I decided I'd put the correct energy absorber on to match the new grill, the original absorber didn't match the grill so most of it had to be cut away and I thought I had better replace it in case there was any legality issues in an accident.

Hyundai found it near impossible to work out the correct part number so now that I have it I've put up photos for others to match in the future if they decide to go the same path.

"NOTE" this part does not fit the 2015/2016 active front grill.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Very energetic.   :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline maikulz

• 1st Gear

• nz New Zealand
What an absolute stuck up tosspot of a reply. It's an i30 at the end of the day, blinging it up will not make you any higher on the royal hierarchy sunshine.

My 2 cents
  • GD3

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal