i30 Owners Club

Well my (new to me) i30 GD Tourer (2013)...

Heady · 16 · 5822

Offline Heady

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Berkshire
Well my (new to me) i30 GD Tourer (2013)...  purchased used (2 previous owners) with less than 14,000mi on the clock.

Photos taken a week ago almost a month after purchase; after getting it deep cleaned & valeted (@ :link: Basingstoke Car Detailing: Valeting & Detailing in HampshireBasingstoke Car Detailing).
Its a pity I didn't take any interior photos as it will never be that clean again...

• 2013 CRDi GD 5 Door Tourer, Diesel 1.6lt, Auto

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Very nice and an unusual colour we don't/didn't get over here... Wonder why 2 previous owners with such a low mileage?  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Exceptional photos :goodjob:

Make sure you get them in our gallery :D
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld

Offline Heady

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Berkshire
Wonder why 2 previous owners with such a low mileage?  :undecided:
In the UK - it is not uncommon for the original dealer or importer to register the vehicle with the DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency) while still on the fore court.  Which on the vehicle registration document (V5C) shows as 1st owner.  I believe they do this for tax reasons.  Then when the vehicle is actually sold off the fore court the 1st real owner becomes the 2nd on the V5C.

I purchased the i30 from a Peugeot & Ssangyong dealer...  if you believe what they said (which I now don't) the 2nd owner supposedly purchased the vehicle to tow a caravan.  (The vehicle doesn't have a tow bar fitted.)  Apparently, they then decided that the i30 was too small and what they needed was a bigger 4x4 - so they part-exchanged the vehicle for a Ssangyong.

If I look at the service book - the vehicle was originally purchased from a dealer near Manchester and the 1st service was done by a garage near Manchester.  The 2nd service was then done by a garage near Southampton.  Seems the bulk of the millage was accrued after the 2nd service.

When I had the vehicle valeted - there was a lot of agricultural debris caught around the seals of the windscreen - so I can only assume that the vehicle had sat in a barn or shed for a while at some point.

The V5C form does list the details of the previous owner - so I was thinking at some point to contact them and ask a few questions - especially if they still have the invoices for the servicing.

The vehicle isn't without flaws - almost all windows have scratches...  and there are some dodgy touch-up paint spots (not even colour matched) trying to hide a scrape and chips on the front plastics.  Inside its almost pristine except for some foot scuff marks on some plastics.  I've now done over 1,500mi since I picked it up and mechanically it seems fine & no rattles as yet.  So quite happy.

Offline Heady

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Berkshire
Very nice and an unusual colour ...  :undecided:
Up until this week - my vehicle was the only one I had seen anywhere in that colour (whatever it is).  However, this week in AutoTrader was another (Petrol Auto) in the same colour.  I need to figure out the colour and add it to the colours table elsewhere in the forum.

The AutoTrader Advert for the other i30 in the same colour is here (although it'll only work until the ad expires or gets pulled):
:link: Hyundai I30 1.6 Active Tourer 5dr
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 21:52:26 by Heady »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

It doesn't name the colour in the owner's manual or in the Auto trader advert? The paint code should be on the build plate on the door jamb. I'm sure we would be able to get the paint name if we find the code. :goodjob: Haven't seen that colour even on a hatch before.

We call those dealer registered cars demos over here and they do save tax i believe here as well. Maybe they got rid of it because they were getting a caravan and needed a tow vehicle. The dealer might have got a bit confused.

Offline Heady

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Berkshire
It doesn't name the colour in the owner's manual or in the Auto trader advert? The paint code should be on the build plate on the door jamb. I'm sure we would be able to get the paint name if we find the code. :goodjob: Haven't seen that colour even on a hatch before.

... The dealer might have got a bit confused.
Looking up the colour is one of my TODOs - however, I'm 200mi away from the vehicle at the moment and will be for a little while yet...

---

You get good vibes, neutral vibes or negative vibes from a dealer... 

I stumbled upon the vehicle while on a day out with family.  It was truly by chance. 
After viewing i30 Tourers every weekend for about two months - this one was in the best condition.

When I first looked at the vehicle I got neutral vibes... when I was negotiating and even at payment it was slightly negative and since very much negative when trying to chase-up paperwork.

If I didn't have a family member pushing - I would have walked away!
Now the dealer is out of the picture - I'm happy with the vehicle. 
The dealer was professional - but I'd never recommend the dealer to anyone.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I've had 30 cars in 40 years, so I've done a lot of wheeling and dealing. You describe it well.  :goodjob:

I've had a very mixed bag of experiences with dealers. Not too many of them I could unreservedly recommend unfortunately.  :Pout:

I even worked as a car salesman for almost a month in the mid 90's (I hated it) :fum:

I actually sold a near new Honda Prelude to a guy during that time and recently came across him, still driving the same car!  :eek:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I agree. You can get a car salesman who does what he needs to do to sell you the car and is nice enough but you wouldn't recommend him or even go back to him (or her).
I bought both of my i30s from different dealerships (although both the same automotive group) and I wouldn't recommend either of them.
If I was in car sales, I'd be following up my customers to see if they were happy or if there was anything I could help them with (like servicing or warranty issues) and I would keep in contact with them when new models came out for further sales, looking after the customer well all along the way. But that doesn't happen. Well, at least it has never happened to me.
I think they sell the hard way, as every sale is a new customer whereas you'd think they would want repeat and referred business.   :Dunno:
There have been times that I may have bought a new car had they bothered to contact me and had looked after me on trade-in values.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
The salesman I bought my i30 off was great. Follow ups, helpful advice on a couple of things (with nothing in it for him). Even let me take the car alone for another test drive when I went back to show Claire.
Four years later I took my daughter to him and she bought  her Accent.
Unfortunately he has now moved to Bundaberg. Still selling Hyundais though.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
The salesman I bought my i30 off was great. Follow ups, helpful advice on a couple of things (with nothing in it for him). Even let me take the car alone for another test drive when I went back to show Claire.
Four years later I took my daughter to him and she bought  her Accent.
Unfortunately he has now moved to Bundaberg. Still selling Hyundais though.

That's great to hear, Trev.  :goodjob:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline this guy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Up until this week - my vehicle was the only one I had seen anywhere in that colour (whatever it is).  However, this week in AutoTrader was another (Petrol Auto) in the same colour.  I need to figure out the colour and add it to the colours table elsewhere in the forum.

I would suggest that this colour could be "Blueberry" - I like comparing the colours and specs of cars in other markets...and I remember seeing this sort of colour available in Europe, and it was called Blueberry. But then, I have some colour vision deficiency so I could be wrong. But Blueberry would probably be the colour I would have picked if I was buying new AND it was available in Australia...colour choices here for the wagon were woeful.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 12:17:26 by this guy »
  • GD Wagon CRDi 6M/T. Previously 1985 N12 Nissan Pulsar GX, 1963 Holden EJ Special

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I would suggest that this colour could be "Blueberry" - I like comparing the colours and specs of cars in other markets...and I remember seeing this sort of colour available in Europe, and it was called Blueberry. But then, I have some colour vision deficiency so I could be wrong. But Blueberry would probably be the colour I would have picked if I was buying new AND it was available in Australia...colour choices here for the wagon were woeful.
Yes you were right. We sorted the colour in a different thread.  They had to do a special run without DPF and possibly a few other tweaks for the Aussie market so I guess they limited the colour choice to keep it simple.  No colours of wagon available now!

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
One of the colours available in 2013 on the UK i30 was called Ash Blue - a mid blue metallic with a purple tinge.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Heady

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Berkshire
I originally thought that the colour was Ash Blue or Midnight Blue - but in the end WAE was found to be Blueberry Blue.

Thanks folks.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal