i30 Owners Club

Vinyl roof wrap?? Anyone have one?

Nate84 · 5 · 3375

Offline Nate84

• 1st Gear
Looking as getting a black vinyl roof wrap done to go with my grey and black theme. My question is does anyone here have one installed? How has it held up? Some people say it lasts anywhere from 1 to 5 yrs and 5 to 10.... So I don't want to pay 300 bucks for a wrap installed if its just going to bubble and peel after a year or two... It does look sharp tho. I hear a lot of people will wrap their entire car for a color change...

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I wanted to get my Calais roof wrapped but the local tint a car guy botched it up at the 1st attempt, so i aborted it. :fum:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I first posted about this probably four or five years ago.
I think it looks great (in the pics you posted).
If I didn't want my car to blend in with all of the other white cars on the road, I would get it done too.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Heady

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Berkshire
I've thought about getting clear protective wrap on the roof for when I carry things on the roof rack. 
But so far haven't got that far.  Maybe next year.
  • 2013 CRDi GD 5 Door Tourer, Diesel 1.6lt, Auto

Offline Jesse91

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Hyundai I30 1.6L SLX
I do/did 

What ever you do don't by a cheap vinyl wrap, make sure its a proper brand like 3m, Avery, or Arlon.

5-10 years is probably about right. Mine was 3m 1080 series, I had it on for 2.5 years and it looked no different from day one. I only took it off a couple of months ago because I was curious and paint underneath was original condition. I'm really sad without it and will be putting some more back on it. I installed it myself, fairly easy for the roof.

I'd love to do a whole car but wrap is very $$$
  • Hyundai i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal